Roberts: Stay Creative, Invest
- The man who sold Gates sells Street on Comcast. Farrell // Multichannel News;12/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p6
Interviews Comcast president Brian Roberts. Reputation as a deal maker in the cable television industry; Persuasion of Microsoft chairman Bill Gates in 1997 to purchase Comcast stock; Purchase of Lenfest Communications Inc.; Ranking as one of the top cable television operators in the United...
- Investor anxiety hounds cable. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/19/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 34, p6
Focuses on the views of shareholders on the financial conditions of the cable industry in the U.S. Percentage decrease of stock prices; Comment Cox Communications chief executive officer James Robbins on the issue; Recognition of Comcast as the best-performing cable stock.
- The Innovation Chasm and the Big Six. Hassan, Daniel // Multichannel News;6/6/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p31
The article offers the author's insights regarding the innovation gap of the top six cable operators in the U.S. including Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable Inc. and Cablevision Systems Corp.
- Comcast, Then and Now. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p36
Comments on the "media day" scheduled by Comcast Corp. where it announced that its cable stocks were getting close to historic lows in terms of cash-flow multiples. Remarks from CEO Brian Roberts on the plan of phone companies to add lots of fiber and get into multichannel video; Number of...
- Striving to Diversify the Workplace. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the ethnic diversification of cable television companies in the United States. Increasing diversity of the pool of job applicants and cable's potential customer base; Cable operators' promotion of employees who know how to deal with their constituents; Need for cable's management...
- Giving the cable industry something to gush about. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;2/15/95, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p36
Profiles Comcast Corp., a cable television company based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Segments of the telecommunication industry which Comcast is involved in; Comcast Metrophone as a cellular operator owned by the company; Business and management strategies used; Marketing; Joint ventures...
- Comcast's thePlatform reaches for cloud with Virtual TV Framework. // CED;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p31
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s thePlatform has launched its Virtual TV Framework, which allows cable service providers to replicate their 24-hour, live, linear programming and video on demand (VOD) television services via the cloud.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has announced the launch of its four minority-owned networks for its cable-television systems.
- C3 stepping out with a capital idea. Flint, Joe // Variety;03/17/97, Vol. 366 Issue 7, p25
Looks at developments concerning cable firm Comcast Corp.'s programming division Comcast Content and Communication (CCC) in the United States. CCC as majority owner of cable network E! Entertainment Television; Rich Frank as chairman of CCC; Structuring of CCC as a venture capital firm; Ability...