Cable Gobbles Up Sweep
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;1/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p2
Presents information on the ratings achieved by several U.S. cable television networks as of January 9, 2006. ESPN; CourtTV.
- MegaMillions:. // CableFAX Daily;8/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 169, p2
The article reports that new television networks have reached 90 million subscriptions. These include MTV, HGTV, ABC Family, History, Adult Swim, Cartoon, VH1, Food Net, Fox News, Comedy Central, CNBC and FX. This information is according to Nielsen Media Research.
- High-Definition: More to Come. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/19/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 3, p20
The article reports on the move of various cable networks to launch high-definition (HD) channels to satisfy their customers in the U.S. It mentions that those smaller specialty cable networks such as TV One, Golf Channel and Hall Movie Channel are commencing into HD simulcasting. According to...
- Optimizing cable ad sales. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;11/02/98, Vol. 8 Issue 41, p12
Reports that Comedy Central's advertising sales research group has started pitching a new advertising sales efficiency study to American agencies and networks in an effort to make basic cable easier to buy. Determination of the best breakdown between cable and broadcast television and figure out...
- Islands in a sea of networks. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;03/17/97, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p1
Focuses on challenges faced by stand-alone cable television networks in the United States. Inability of most networks to succeed without the backing of multiple system operators (MSO); Classic Sports Network's legal fight with Cablevision Systems over the latter's alleged attempt to coerce...
- HBO READY TO HELP LI'L BUDDY CINEMAX. Dempsey, John // Variety;7/1/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 7, p16
Talks about the support given by cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) to its sister channel Cinemax, through advertisements in its network,in July 2002 in the U.S. Decline in the subscriber count of Cinemax; Percentage of pay-TV households in the U.S. which order HBO as their first...
- July Ratings a Sweep For Basic-Cable Nets. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p3
Focuses on the July 2001 ratings of cable television networks in the United States. Comparison of the ratings of cable firms and television broadcasting networks; Lifetime Television's standing in primetime ratings; Dominance of Nickelodeon in total-day ratings; Assessment of the reality...
- On air: Oxygen launches. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;02/02/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the launching of Geraldine Laybourne's women-oriented cable network Oxygen on February 2, 2000. Number of possible households in the United States that can tune in to the network; Advertisers; Focus on the convergence between television and the Internet.
- High-flying low-brow TV. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;9/6/93, Vol. 3 Issue 36, p9
Features the cable television network USA Network. United States Open-related revenues for 1993; Network as low-brow in primetime programming; Entry into the original movie business in 1988; `USA World Premiere Movies' segment; Airing of films from corporate parents, Paramount and MCA;...