THIS JUST IN
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p3
Presents updates on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S., as of April 2004. Details on the deal made by Adelphia Communications Corp. with In Demand; Speculations regarding the slow movement of the email system of Cox Communications Inc.; Information on the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards.
- Station Lineup. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p37
Presents a list of Cox Television stations ranked by size in the local U.S. market as of February 2, 2004. KICU-TV 36 in San Jose, California; WPXI (TV) 11, NBC in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; WHIO (TV) 7, CBS in Dayton, Ohio; WJAC (TV) 6, NBC in Johnstown, Pennsylvania.
- Cable NOTES. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;5/2/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p18
Presents an update on issues and events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of May 2005. Amount of fine ruled by the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission concerning the accounting misdeeds of Adelphia Communications; Changes in the board directors of...
- Signs of M&A Return May Be Misinterpreted. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p14
Focuses on the implications of the merger and acquisition of cable companies for television broadcasting in the U.S. Reasons for the sale of cable company Adelphia Communications; Impact of the emergence of clustered cable systems on television broadcasting; Trends that could influence...
- Cable Systems Top 100 Systems Directory. // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p8A
Presents information on the systems directory of the top cable companies in the U.S. Comcast Cable, Eastern Division owned by Comcast Cable Communications; Cablevision Greater New York owned by Cablevision; Adelphia Northeast Region owned by Adelphia Communications Inc.
- Cable Lineup. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p40
Presents a list of Cox Communications' cable systems with more than 100,000 basic subscribers in the U.S. as of February 2, 2004. Cox Arizona based in Phoenix; Cox San Diego in California; Cox Las Vegas in Nevada; Cox Baton Rouge in Louisiana.
- Cox seals multimedia deal. // Multichannel News;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p40
Reports on cable television network Cox Communications Inc.'s acquisition of Multimedia Cablevision Inc. Rise of subscription in Kansas, Oklahoma and North Carolina.
- Getting Set for HDTV. Rizley, J. Stephen // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p41
Discusses the product maturation of high definition television (HDTV) in the U.S. Level of demand for HDTV; Efforts of multiservice operators to promote HDTV; Reason for the strategic importance of HDTV for Cox Communications Inc.
- VOD's Mystery Numbers. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p24
Analyzes the market for video on demand (VOD) services from the cable television industry in the U.S. Strategy of Cox Communications Inc. in launching its VOD service; Percentage of VOD-enabled subscribers in Boston, Massachusetts and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Increase in VOD revenue in 2004;...