Soup Cans, Can'ts
- 3 chefs sneak nutrition onto the menu. Cobe, Patricia // FoodService Director;3/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, Special Section p11
This article describes three nutritious dishes. For the Tangelo and Rum Glazed Shrimp with Orange Caribbean Ratatouille, chef Allen Susser of Chef Allen's squeezes fresh tangelo juice to use in a marinade and glaze for sautÃ©ed shrimp, then serves them with a citrusy ratatouille made with...
- Mangez Slow. Sengès, Anne // France Today;Nov2006, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p2
The author reflects on French cuisine as an ideal of culinary. She argues that France is known as the best in culinary art, but it is fast changing due to the country's fast food industry. An overview of slow food movement known as Slow Food France is offered. She stresses the creation of a...
- Mealtime ARITHMETIC. Brayfield, Amy // Arthritis Today;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p26
Presents a list of ingredients of several healthy dinners. Penne Alla Pesto; Thai Peanut Chicken; Black Bean Burritos; Spaghetti Marinara.
- Eat This Not That. // Men's Health;Nov2006, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p80
This article presents information on meals served at Boston Market and Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants in the U.S. that bodybuilders or health conscious people should not eat. White rotisserie chicken and sides at Boston Market. Two-piece meal at Kentucky Fried Chicken. The nutritional...
- MATTERS OF TASTE. RENTON, ALEX // Prospect;Oct2008, Issue 151, p12
The article discusses the author's experiences trying to make proper Jewish chicken soup. While the recipe seems simple, there are many different variations that make it confusing for an amateur to cook. The author examines claims that the soup contributes to a general sense of well-being and...
- Your Cooking Questions -- Answered! Rockwood, Kate // O, The Oprah Magazine;Oct2012, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p176
The article presents questions and answers related to cooking which include the preparation of dinner, the easiest method of hosting a dinner party and the integration of superfoods in an individual's diet.
- The New Family Dinner. McLaughlin, Michael // Bon Appetit;Mar1999, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p112
Offers information on several dinner recipes. Carrot Soup With Thyme and Fennel; Roast Chicken With Rosemary-Orange Butter; Sauteed Swiss Chard.
- Fe Fi Pho Yum. Simonds, Dawn // Cincinnati Magazine;Dec2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p253
This article presents information related to best cuisines in the city of Cincinnati. The name of Oakley's newest upscale dining destination, Pho Paris is a play on its French-Vietnamese fusion menu. "Pho" refers to the signature Vietnamese noodle soup and to the French word" faux," alerting...
- Weeknight BUDGET DINNERS. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);9/21/2015, p54
Several recipes suggested for weeknight budget dinners are presented that include Pumpkin Cannelloni With Sauteed Silverbeet, Beef Shawarma With Lebanese Rice, and Spicy Rice Soup with Puri Bread.