High-tech drives costs lower
- Hospital Joins Healthy Food Network. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;2/22/2012, p3
The article reports on the participation of University Hospital in San Antonio, Texas in the Por Vida healthy dining program.
- UVA, Morrison Signal Health. // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the introduction of the cafeteria program called Signals for Health by the University of Virginia Medical Center in its Wahoo West cafeteria. The cafeteria program is extension of successful year-old vending program. Signals for Health provides color coding for menu items...
- Robotics' Human Element. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p84
The article focuses on the use of a robotics system to move food to four patient towers at Ohio State University Medical Center (OSUMC) in Columbus. The network-linked robotic food transport carts are run via a wireless network. The automated carts boost quality and safety by permitting staffers...
- Envisioning 2015. // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p52
The article offers a look at the food service management initiatives at the Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. According to food service director Mary Gregoire, she is considering how her department will grow. Patient food service is provided out of the central kitchen....
- Stop & Shop Teaches Safe Grilling. Sung, Amy // SN: Supermarket News;6/4/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 23, p77
The article reports on the partnership between Stop & Shop and Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, New York, to unveil the Safe Grilling 2007 program. Ken Steier, dean of academic affairs and the public safety officer at Nassau University Medical Center, spoke to seventh grade...
- Marriott introduces healthcare to Crossroads. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p48
Cites the launch of Marriott Management Services' Crossroad Cuisines foodservice program at Nebraska Health System, a facility formed by the merger of the University Hospital of the University of Nebraska Medical Center and Bishop Clarkson Hospital in Omaha. Revamp of food offerings debuted in...
- TONY ALMEIDA, ROBERT WOOD JOHNSON UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL: In Touch at RWJ. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p28
Features Tony Almeida, director of the nutrition department at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Educational and career background of the director; Challenges faced as food service director in healthcare; Efforts done to improve hospital foodservice.
- Hospital room service a critical condition of good care. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/31/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p20
Discusses the dining program of Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Room service offered by the hospital to all patients; Patients' selection of restaurant-style menu; Call center established at the hospital to take orders from patients; Increase in patient...
- Hospital Power Players: University of Michigan Medical Center. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/27/2015, p1
The article offers information about the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor including the number of licensed beds, number of daily in-patients, and dining and nutrition services as of October 27, 2015.