Get a Half-life!
- Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum. // American History;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p66
Reports that the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum has opened in Savannah, Georgia. Facility description; Contact information.
- Air Force Museum features 131 aircraft, other weapon systems at former base. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/11/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 24, p90
Describes a new, large aviation museum at a former air base in Datangshan, a suburb of Beijing, which houses 131 aircraft displayed indoors and out, a snack bar, meeting rooms, gift shop and more, all in a museum of about 180,000 square meters (1.93 million square feet).
- A salute to the city's newest museum. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/05/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p24
Pays tribute to the National D-Day Museum in New Orleans, Louisiana. Collection of war artifacts, map, re-creations and first-person accounts of life on the battlefield; Highlighting of the contribution New Orleans made to the victory in the form of the Higgins Boat; Proponents of the museum.
- Honoring the courage of the World War II generation. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/05/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p42
Discusses the significance of the National D-Day Museum in New Orleans, Louisiana, as a reminder of the sacrifices of the World War II generation of people of the United States. Author's agreement to underwrite the cost of producing 14,000 D-Day Museum posters; Recognition of the contributions...
- Museum gets ready to open second front. Clanton, Brett // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p4
Reports the opening of the Pacific wing of the National D-Day Museum in New Orleans, Louisiana. Hopes of museum officials for the latest wing; Inclusions for the latest wing; Features of the main gallery.
- TWO NEW CIVIL WAR MUSEUMS. Huntington, Tom // America's Civil War;May2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, HISTORIC TRAVELER.com p8
Reports on the opening of Civil War Museums in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and Columbus, Georgia. Features of the National Civil War Museum in Pennsylvania; Hallmarks of the National Civil War Naval Museum; Date of the opening of the museum.
- Arsenal of America's past. Ethier, Eric; Greenberg, Jeff // Civil War Times Illustrated;Oct99, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p20
Features the West Point Museum in New York City that showcases collections of rare Civil War guns and other weapons. Creation of the museum dating back to the Revolutionary War; Federal budget cuts resulting in closure of certain sections; Viewing hours.
- D-Day museum could land near Lee Circle. Darce, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/13/96, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p6
Reports that a $11 million National D-Day Museum, originally planned for a University of New Orleans Lakefront research park, may be sited downtown New Orleans. Need for museaum accessible to the public; Slated features of the military museaum; Comments by Fred Balwin, president of the...
- London calling. Snow, Richard F. // American Heritage;Dec91, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p31
Describes London's Imperial War Museum. Comment from museum director Alan Borg; The World War II galleries; The Cabinet War Rooms, in which Winston Churchill presided over his war cabinet; The map room; Information on planning a trip.