Eyes to the Skies
- Bird? Plane? Nuclear strike? // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Dec1987, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p51
Reports on the number of missile launches detected and confirmed by the U.S. Space Command in 1986.
- Space as an area of responsibility. Bailey, Paul L. // Airpower Journal;Winter98, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p81
Deals with the proposal by the United States Space Command (USSPACECOM) to make space an area of responsibility (AOR) within the Unified Command Plan. Objective; Strategy and analysis; Possible alternatives and forces.
- Close encounters of the trashy kind. // Boys' Life;Feb97, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p15
Discusses the space junk seen by the United States Space Command in Colorado. Speculation on where the junk comes from; Opinion of experts on the chances of collision between the junk and the space shuttle; How technicians on the ground can detect debris and warn shuttle controllers before a...
- Plan confronts space control issues. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/13/1998, Vol. 148 Issue 15, p30
Focuses on the efforts of the United States Space Command to develop a space based war-fighting capability. Earth's atmosphere as a center of gravity requiring protection; Details of the plans; Development of global engagement capabilities.
- Space' Enhances War on Terrorists. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/21/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p31
Reports on the role of the United States Space Command on America's war against terrorism. Existence of service-level space components and computer network operations teams; Effects of the innovation by space troops; Protection for the Defense Department information network.
- 'Stratcom' To Be All-New Command. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/29/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 5, p48
Reports the combination of the Strategic Command and Space Command in the U.S. Initiation of the military transformation plans; Support on nuclear and conventional forces; Absence of degradation on the space business.
- Early warning center upgrade nears completion. Scott, William B. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/6/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p46
Discusses the status of the upgrade program for the Space Control Center of the North American Air Defense (NORAD) in Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado as of February 1995. Functions of the center; Phases of the program; Projected cost of the upgrade; Percentage of completion; Program components that...
- U.S. SPACE COMMAND: Warfighters. // Military Review;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p11
Provides information on the United States Space Command (USSPACECOM), which is the Department of Defense's key player in charting the country's course in space and information. Importance of space and computer network operations; Brief background on the organization; Details on the military...
- U.S. Space Command and U.S. Army Space Command. // Military Review;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p11
Presents articles from the United States Space Command focusing on into how the organization supports the warfighter and what operational warfighters must know about space operations.