A Mother's Touch
- Nature of feeding problems in children with cerebral palsy. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;4/1/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p1927
States that Reilly and associates studied preschool children with cerebral palsy to determine the extent and nature of feeding difficulties and to observe feeding practices in the home. Method used in the study; Prevalence of feeding problems among children with cerebral palsy; Results of the...
- Disability update 'Getting to know Cerebral Palsy'. // Canadian Horse Annual;2014, p60
The article offers information on the guide "Disability update 'Getting to know Cerebral Palsy'" that is funded by the international Christian development organization CBM, which aims to offer knowledge and skills in caring for a child suffering with cerebral palsy.
- Arugula, Yucky Bugs and The Frank Sinatra Police. Fabiani, Laura // Exceptional Parent;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p30
The article describes an everyday life of a young family who has a son with cerebral palsy. The author relates how her husband can listen to a football game on the radio despite screams of argument between their children. She decided to move the kitchen down to the basement so she, too, can...
- Effectiveness of Structured Teaching Programme on Knowledge regarding Home Care Management of Children with Cerebral Palsy among Mothers in Selected Special Schools at Bangalore. Lakshmi, K. N.; Saraswathi, K. N. // Asian Journal of Nursing Education & Research;Oct-Dec2012, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p184
Today's children are tomorrow's future. Cerebral palsy is the third most common major developmental disability. The diagnosis of cerebral palsy was not made in almost one third of cases till they were above two years of age. This indicates that majority of children with cerebral palsy are either...
- Dealing with disability. Netherwood, Cathy // Australian Parents;Aug/Sep2006, p42
The article presents information on cerebral palsy (CP) how parents should deal with the disability. CP refers to a group of brain injuries and developmental problems that affect a baby before, during, or in the months after birth. The cause is unknown, but premature babies are more susceptible....
- Mom and health director fight for Jeremy's care. Ashawasegai, Jennifer // Windspeaker;Aug2011, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the issue regarding the care funding for 16-year-old Jeremy Beadle who has hydrocephalus, autism, and cerebral palsy in Pictou Landing First Nation in Nova Scotia. It states that his mother Maurina Beadle has been taking care of him at home before she suffered a stroke. It...
- RelaÃ§Ã£o entre inclusÃ£o escolar de crianÃ§as com paralisia cerebral e estresse dos cuidadores familiares. Cangemi Gregorutti, Carolina; Omote, Sadao // Psicologia: Teoria e PrÃ¡tica;2015, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p136
The objective of this study was to evaluate the stress of cerebral palsy child's caregiver and to discuss its relationship with the inclusion. The study was conducted with 18 family caregivers of CP children attended in a special service directed to disabled people, and were regularly enrolled...
- Family portraits. Brinley, M.B. // Country Living;Mar1990, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p158
Recounts the experiences of a 94-year-old mother and 64-year-old daughter who fulfilled a life-long dream by traveling to the Canadian Rockies. Accounts from both mother and daughter; Enjoyable trip and deepened relationship.
- EBONY, Colgate-Palmolive Honor Outstanding Mothers During Mothers & Daughters Luncheon Award Ceremony In New York. // Jet;06/18/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p32
Reports that seven mothers were saluted by `Ebony' magazine and Colgate-Palmolive during a Mothers & Daughters luncheon in New York City.