DECALS AND MORE
- On Patrol. Lucas, Bob // New York State Conservationist;Oct2004, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p19
Relates the experiences of Environmental Conservation Officers in New York in 2004. Encounter with a 12-year-old automobile driver; Fine imposed on a hunter with no permit; Amount of marijuana found in a drug laboratory protected by a serval.
- Reforms needed to get the job done. Kellogg-Barrella, Constance // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/4/95 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p11
Looks at reforms needed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Monitors Program. Absence of clear-cut guidelines for the program; Complaints about monitors; Approach to make the program more efficient.
- DEC: Get the Lead Out. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2008, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p36
The article reports on the new initiative launched by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to switch to green ammo from lead-based ammunition for firearms training in order to help reduce the impact of lead at firing ranges. The department is currently phasing in the new...
- New ECOs. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the graduation of new Environmental Conservation Officers (ECOs) who will join the police force of the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). The event was held at the DEC Training Academy in Oswego County. The class completed the Division of Law...
- Comptroller to EPF: Give out money faster. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/31/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 77, p14
The article reports on the recommendations of the comptroller's office for New York's Department of Environmental Conservation to hasten in administering the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) in the state.
- Belleayre scoping document released. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/10/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the release of the final scoping document for the environmental reviews related to the proposed Wildacres and Highmount Spa Resort complex and the unit management plan for the Belleayre Mountain Ski Center by the State Department of Environmental Conservation in New York....
- Deer management permits, hunting, fishing, trapping licenses will be available. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/11/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 215, pA2
The article reports on the availability of the 2010-2011 fishing, trapping and hunting licenses and Deer Management permits (DMPs) to be purchased starting August 16, 2010 at the license sales outlets of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).
- Seeing Yellow? Fratianni, Barbara C. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2007, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p29
The article announces that the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) has changed the color of licenses from green to yellow for the 2007/2008 license year. It is inferred that many License Issuing Agents have already converted to the new stock. DEC plans to vary the color...
- Oswego River removed from watch list. Palmateer, Paige // Business Journal (Central New York);10/6/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p9
The article reports on the removal of the Oswego River in New York from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's list of Great Lakes Areas of Concern (AOC) in the U.S. and Canada. The Oswego River was the first AOC sites in the U.S. to be removed from the list. The New York State Department of...