- Coastwise. Griswold, Whit // Salt Water Sportsman;Nov95, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p24
Looks at Florida's 1995 legislative session where the Net Ban Economic Assistance Bill was passed. Information on bill; Comments from Ted Forsgren, Executive Director of the Florida Conservation Association (FCA). INSETS: Free whaley.;Action anglers: Saving a creek, restoring a salmon run..
- Senegal Cracks Down on Foreign Ships for Decimating Nation's Fish Stocks. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;1/15/2014, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p9
The article reports on the order by the Senegal's Minister of Fisheries to detain a Russian trawler observed illegally catching fish in Senegalese waters.
- Catch and Release Fishing Tournaments Restricted. // Out of Doors;Nov2006, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p7
The article reports that the South Dakota Game, Fish & Parks Commission, in an effort to avoid wasting natural resources, has banned the catch and release walleye and salmon fishing tournaments in the month of June and in the first half of September. The decision was made due to the results of a...
- Evolution of The Treaty. // Congressional Digest;Jan1983, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the evolution of the Law of the Sea. Adoption of four international conventions pertaining to territorial waters, the high seas, fishing and conservation and the continental shelf; Issues on the breadth of territorial seas; Transit rights through narrow straits for military aircraft...
- Untitled. // Audubon;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p18
Presents news concerning natural conservation in the United States. Purchasing of endangered habitat in Florida; Information on a federal law that will stop commercial fishing in Glacier Bay National Park in Alaska; Killing of two albatrosses in the Aleutian Islands and the Bearing Sea; Reason...
- Pacific salmon ban. Boyle, Robert H. // Outdoor Life;Jul94, Vol. 194 Issue 1, p32
Discusses the closing of recreational and commercial fishing off the coast of Washington state and strict limits on fishing off Oregon and California. Depletion of salmon stock; Publication of the report `Pacific Salmon at the Cross Roads: Stocks at Risk from California, Oregon, Idaho and...
- Newfoundland salmon get a break. Reynolds, J. // Field & Stream;Jun91, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p63
Announces that the Canadian Department of Fisheries has implemented new regulations for the Newfoundland commercial salmon fishery. They put real and enforceable quotas into place, and should benefit Atlantic salmon restoration efforts.
- New parks act troublesome. Helsdon, Jeff // Ontario Out of Doors;Jul2006, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH) is concerned about changes to the Provincial Parks and Conservation Reserves Act despite assurance from the Ministry of Natural Resources. Terry Quinney, provincial manager offish and wildlife for the OFAH, said that...
- A COMPREHENSIVE SOLUTION TO THE BIOFOULING PROBLEM FOR THE ENDANGERED FLORIDA MANATEE AND OTHER SPECIES. Oppenheimer, Kathleen D.; Bendor, Todd K. // Environmental Law (00462276);Spring2012, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p415
Biofouling is the undesirable accumulation of microorganisms, plants, algae, arthropods, or mollusks on a surface, such as a ships hull, when it is in contact with water for a period of time. Biofouling and its traditional remedies pose serious environmental consequences, including 1) the...