ACCESS for ALL
- Trails Supporter Patch. // New York State Conservationist;Aug2007, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p28
The article reports on the sale of the Trails Supporters Patch to help protect and enhance the public trail network and promote outdoor recreational activity in New York state. The patch can be purchased for a $5 donation at all sporting license outlets and on the website of the Department of...
- WINONA STATE FOREST: WINTER WONDERLAND. McCarlan, Mariclaire // New York State Conservationist;Feb2004, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p26
Provides information on Winona State Forest, a winter park that offers outdoor activities to winter recreationists in New York. Historical background of the state forest; Information on the decision of a group of citizens and the U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to develop a...
- Scaroon Manor. Swinn, Brian W. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2006, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on the establishment of the Scaroon Manor day-use area on Schroon Lake in New York State. The recreation area is the product of a collaboration among local governments and organizations and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. The recreation area will...
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2013, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p28
The article presents news briefs related to nature conservation in New York. The Department of Environment and Conservation (DEC) has released a warning advising anglers not to catch lake sturgeons because of their declining population in the Great Lakes, the Saint Lawrence River, Finger Lakes...
- Getting Out and About. // National Parks;May/Jun89, Vol. 63 Issue 5/6, p43
Reviews the book 'Access America: An Atlas and Guide to the National Parks for Visitors With Disabilities,' published by Northern Cartographics.
- Disabled Travelers Being Wooed by USVI. Ali, Edwin // New York Amsterdam News;06/21/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 25, p14
Highlights the arrangements made by the tourist industry in the United States Virgin Islands to cater to American visitors with disabilities. Impact of the Americans With Disabilities Act on local resorts and hotels; Seminar on training restaurant and hotel employees on interacting with...
- DEC begins project to aid state's efforts at curbing pollution. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's project aimed at enhancing pollution prevention efforts. Evaluation of public health and environmental risks.
- DEC ozone advisories available from hotline. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p37
Reports on the availability of advisories on ozone formation from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Forecast that ozone levels likely to exceed standards set by Environmental Protection Agency.
- DEC's Dichotomy. Edinger, Frances M. // Conservationist;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p50
Presents a letter regarding the role of Department of Environmental Conservation in New York.