- Overcoming Challenges to Species Recovery. Morgan, Michelle; Gifford, Krishna; Babij, Elena; Grouse, Debby; Hornaday, Kelly; Klee, Mary; Balis-Larsen, Martha // Endangered Species Bulletin;2006 Endagered Species Bulletin, Vol. 31, p4
The article focuses on the challenges confronting endangered species recovery in the U.S. It looks at the number of some endangered species 32 years after the Endangered Species Act (ESA) became a law. The authors, note developments in the number of bald eagles, gray wolves, and grizzly bears....
- What's happening? // Ranger Rick;Feb95, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the increase in the number of bald eagles in the lower 48 states. Estimates on the number of bald eagle in North America 200 years ago; Why the number of bald eagles dwindled starting about 100 years ago; Provisions of the Endangered Species Act for bald eagles.
- National bird, national dilemma. // Sunset;Apr95, Vol. 194 Issue 4, p192
Presents a photograph of the bald eagle, national bird of the United States whose species was saved from extinction by the Endangered Species Act of 1973. Debate in Congress about the reauthorization of the Act; Arguments in favor of and against the reauthorization.
- Back From the Brink. Smith, Steph // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;1/26/2004, Vol. 72 Issue 14, p6
Comments on the U.S. Endangered Species Act on American bald eagle.
- Un-endangered eagles. Julie, Alyssa // Canadian Geographic;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p52
The article discusses issues related to the removal of the bald eagle from the endangered-species list in June 2007. From a low of 417 nesting pairs in the U.S. in 1963, the species has recovered to an estimated high of 9,789 breeding pairs. According to the article, it may be harder for...
- An American Emblem:. // U.S. Kids;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p22
Provides information on bald eagles.
- Admiring Bald Eagles. Cully, Christine French // Highlights;Aug2014, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses issues related to bald eagles.
- Caught In the Act. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p54
Presents photographs of bald eagles. Advantage of learning the bird's traits and abilities for capturing action-filled images of the bird on film.
- Words We're Quite Happy to Eat. Wexler, Mark // National Wildlife (World Edition);Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p6
Introduces a series of articles about bald eagles.