WILD NEW YORK
- OWL LADY. SCHUMACHER, JOHANN // Bird Watcher's Digest;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p60
The author discusses his family's owling experience among the wooded uplands of the Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge in New York City. He first spotted the northern saw-whet owl perched in a red cedar. He also described his encounter with an elderly woman as he was taking a photograph of the roosting...
- Natural Areas. // Syracuse New Times;4/20/2011, Issue 2089, p32
Photographs of several of natural conservation areas in Central New York including the Green Lakes State Park, the Clark Reservation State Park, and the Clark Reservation State Park are presented.
- Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge. // New York State Conservationist;Aug2012, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p14
The article offers travel trips to Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge , located in Central New York, presents recommendations on wildlife to watch and enlists features of this site.
- events. // Syracuse New Times;3/19/2014, Issue 2217, p20
A calendar of several events including recreational, entertainment and sports in Syracuse, New York from March19-26, 2014 is presented including screening of the film "300: Rise of an Empire" Wildlife Viewing in Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge and the Healthy Syracuse Wellness Conference.
- High Five. Myers, Steve // Natural History;Jun88, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p84
In the swamp at Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge in Seneca Falls, N.Y., great blue heron build stick nests high in elm snags, on limbs that seem as delicate as those of the bird itself.
- Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge, Cayuga, Seneca, and Wayne Counties, NY; Final Comprehensive Conservation Plan and Finding of No Significant Impact for Environmental Assessment. Rocque, Deborah // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/28/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 60, p19000
A public notice regarding a comprehensive conservation plan and environmental assessment of the Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge in New York, issued by the U.S. Department of the Interior Fish and Wildlife Service on February 21, 2013, is presented. A discussion of the comprehensive...
- Wildlife sanctuaries on corporate lands. Duffy, Diane; Lavine, Carolyn S. // Conservationist;1994, Vol. 48 Issue 5/6, p14
Focuses on wildlife sanctuaries owned by three corporations doing business in New York. Conservation as a business strategy for corporations; New York Power Authority's Schoharie County site in North Blenheim; Suny Cobleskill's nest boxes for bluebirds and fisheries laboratory; General...
- Article brings unwanted masses to wildlife sanctuary. // Editor & Publisher;12/17/94, Vol. 127 Issue 51, p1
Reports on the convergence of local residents at the Constitution Marsh Sanctuary in Putnam County, New York after the wildlife refuge was featured in a `New York Times' article. Number of people who visited the sanctuary; Closure of the facility due to damages incurred during the visits;...
- Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge, Cayuga, Seneca, and Wayne Counties, NY; Draft Comprehensive Conservation Plan and Environmental Assessment. Weber, Wendi // Federal Register;5/22/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 99, p30312
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service of the U.S. Department of the Interior regarding the availability of a draft comprehensive conservation plan and the environmental assessment for the Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge located in Cayuga...