CP'S TONY COX COMMUNITY FUND GRANTS MORE THAN $75,000 TO 16 ORGANIZATIONS TO FIGHT HIV/AIDS LOCALLY
- Ex-TWCer Braun Dies at 58. // Multichannel News;3/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p40
An obituary for Paul Braun, vice president of programming and public affairs at Time Warner Cable's National division, is presented.
- A matter of appeal. Light, Elizabeth // NZ Marketing Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p20
Discusses the hardships faced by charities and not-for-profit organizations in New Zealand. Need for a balance marketing spend; Requirement of tight financial accountability to protect the image of the organization; Problems with annual appeals; Costs of recruiting media participation.
- Nonprofits turning `pro' in their efforts to raise funds. Russell // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p4
Focuses on New Orleans, Louisiana-based Make-A-Wish Foundation of Louisiana's efforts to raise money. Nonprofit agency's mission of granting wishes to children all over the state who are fighting life-threatening illnesses; Application of business principles to stay afloat. INSET: Restaurants,...
- A New Transparency. Bryant, Dawn L. // BusinessWest;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p45
Provides tips in strengthening the financial oversight standards in non-profit organizations in Massachusetts. Advantages of implementing a financial transparency; Requirements of Financial Accounting Standards Board for non-profit financial regulations; Benefits of appointing an audit...
- Five basic rules for negotiating with potential donors to non-profits. Wachtell, Esther // NACD Directorship;Oct95, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p8
Cites five best ways to negotiate with potential donors to non-profit organizations. Commitment to an established program; Fairness in dealing with all contributors; Avoidance of compromising board seat for a contribution; Necessity of negotiating down; Avoidance of contributions based on promises.
- Nonprofits must rethink their `old' notions. Kramer, Mary // Crain's Detroit Business;4/10/95, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p7
Opinion. Talks about the financial problems of nonprofit organizations. Fund problem of the organizations; Models for effective programming.
- Getting loans not child's play for nonprofit organizations. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;3/4/96 Suppelement Finance 96, Vol. 5 Issue 49, p4B
Reports on the grant of loans to nonprofit organizations in Tucson, Arizona. Financial problems faced by the Children's Museum; Loan sought by museum guaranteed by board members; Funding options for nonprofits; Shift in government policy toward cutback on social services.
- Non-profits should strategize corporate fund-raising. Holzer, Meg // Westchester County Business Journal;08/09/99, Vol. 38 Issue 32, p16
Reports on the strategies for fund-raising that nonprofit organizations should employ. Importance of researching guidelines for fund-raising; Key to a successful proposal; Importance of detailed proposals; Need for non-profits to understand what corporations are prepared to fund.
- Bake sale breaks record. Hope, Randy // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/18/2008, Issue 1095, p8
The article reports on the success of the Mama's Pie in the Sky fund raising event for the nonprofit organization Mama's Kitchen in San Diego, California in 2008.