CABLE POSITIVE ON DEMAND
- Using Open Minds, Hearts & Voices. Villano, Steve // Multichannel News;11/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 49, Special Section p2
The article focuses on the efforts of Cable Positive, a nonprofit AIDS education and awareness organization, to increase the awareness on HIV/AIDS and related cases in the United States. Rosario Dawson and Jimmy Fallon are some of the celebrities who support the awareness campaigns of the...
- Stand Up, Be Counted. Segura, Melissa // InStyle;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p80
The article focuses on Voto Latino, a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to encouraging civic participation and leadership among young Latinos that was co-founded by actress Rosario Dawson.
- VOTER REGISTRATION. Garcelon, Annie // Daily Variety;7/30/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 18, pA16
The article features the Voto Latino nonprofit organization founded by actress Rosario Dawson. The organization was started by Dawson in 2004 as a public service campaign that encouraged American Latino youth to participate in the political process. Dawson teamed with political consultant Maria...
- VOD Measurement:. // CableFAX Daily;11/9/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 218, p2
The article offers updates on issues related to video on demand (VOD) in the U.S. as of November 2005. TVN plans to use Widevine technology to label its VOD library. Rentrak and Atlas on Demand are among the cable television companies that adopted VOD.
- TVN partners it up. // CED;Jul2009, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the long-term agreement signed between Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) and TVN Entertainment Inc. concerning the use of TVN's video on demand (VOD) platform in the U.S. As part of the partnership agreement, TVN will offer its content delivery services and advanced asset...
- VOD. // CableFAX Daily;9/2/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 171, p1
The article reports on the first video-on-demand deal signed by the Weather Channel with TVN. The deal will include programming, such as "Storm Stories."
- TVN Will Drop PPV Channels. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/8/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p3
Reports on the elimination by TVN Entertainment Inc. of its pay-per-view channels in December 2004 to focus on its video-on-demand (VOD) business. Economics of entering VOD; Inevitability of the move of TVN toward VOD; Development and distribution by TVN of VOD content.
- Telco VOD Plans Take Shape. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the efforts of SBC Communications Inc. and Verizon Communications Inc. to secure rights for traditional entertainment and adult content. Agreement between Verizon and TVN Entertainment Inc. for video on demand content aggregation and distribution chores; Plan of SBC to offer adult...
- VOD. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;9/6/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 172, p1
The article presents news briefs concerning video on demand (VOD) issues in the U.S. as of September 2005. TVN agreed to become the exclusive distributor of the VOD channel called The Karaoke Channel. VOD network Concert celebrated its second birthday.