Weapons of Mass Instruction
- Cable Rises to Challenge. Hall, Lee // Television Week;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p14
Focuses on the efforts of Cable Positive, the cable television industry's AIDS and HIV action organization, to raise awareness against sexually transmitted diseases in the U.S. Founders of the group; Benefits of Cable Positive's grants to local AIDS service organizations; Background on the...
- CableCares L.A. Volunteers Will Aid an 'Oasis' for Kids. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p6
The article profiles Los Angles, California, based charitable organization A Place Called Home (APCH), which is the recipient of volunteer work and fundraising by CableCares charity program of cable operators in the U.S.
- Using Open Minds, Hearts & Voices. Villano, Steve // Multichannel News;11/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 49, Special Section p2
The article focuses on the efforts of Cable Positive, a nonprofit AIDS education and awareness organization, to increase the awareness on HIV/AIDS and related cases in the United States. Rosario Dawson and Jimmy Fallon are some of the celebrities who support the awareness campaigns of the...
- A POSITIVELY VITAL CHARITY EVENT. Paskowski, Marianne // Television Week;2/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p6
The article presents information on the annual fund-raising dinner of the nonprofit organization Cable Positive to be held in New York on March 7, 2006. The organization aims to help people with HIV and AIDS through monetary assistance and by using cable television to educate the public about...
- Broadly speaking. // T H E Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p22
Interviews nonprofit organization Cable in the Classroom managing director Megan S. Hookey. Kinds of educational programs involved in; Efforts to make cable programming an interactive learning tool.
- PLAYMATES AND BOBBLEHEADS. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);1/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p12
Deals with the decision of Cable Positive, the non-profit AIDS activism organization of the cable television industry of the U.S., to produce bobblehead dolls in order to raise funds. Number of dolls to be sold; Price of the dolls; Event where the dolls will be sold.
- Networks, Cable Ops Plan More Public Affairs Programs. Figler, Andrea; Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);4/28/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the decision of the executives of Do It Yourself (DIY) Network to choose Habitat for Humanity, a nonprofit organization that builds homes for the needy, as the first venture of the cable network into public service. Plan of DIY to assist Habitat in building a house in Charlotte,...
- Cable firms call foe a phony. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p1
Focuses on criticisms to Consumers for Cable Choice, a grass-roots organization, which advocated more competition in cable and relaxed regulation of the industry in the U.S. Acceptance of the organization of seed funding from cable competitors Verizon Communications Inc. and SBC Communications...
- TCI, city make progress in cable negotiations. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;5/5/97, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on the progress of informal negotiations between the city of Tucson, Arizona and cable provider TCI Cablevision Inc. End of the franchise agreement between the Tucson and TCI; Cost of previous deal for TCI's non-exclusive rights to provide city cable service; Threat to the survival of...