THROUGH THE WIRE
- On NCTA's Tricky Balancing Act. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p22
The article comments on issues involving the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA). The association has endorsed a proposal that would have made basic cable networks subject to U.S. federal rules barring indecent content on broadcast channels. It also announces that it will hand...
- TCA a Case of Access vs. Expense. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;1/2/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p1
The article deals with issues concerning the Television Critics Association's press tours to be held in California in January 2006. With the financial problems confronting the U.S. newspaper industry, TV news columnists and critics might be forced to skip the press tour. The potential lack of...
- Press Tours' Benefits Outweigh the Costs. // Television Week;1/2/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p10
The article urges newspaper chains in the U.S. to send reporters to the Television Critics Association's (TCA) press tours in Los Angeles, California. With the financial problems facing the newspaper industry, newspaper companies may be forced to reduce or eliminate their budgets for reporter's...
- NOTES FROM THE BROADCAST PRESS TOUR. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;1/23/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p8
The article covers issues discussed at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour held in the United States in January 2006. CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler has expressed her disappointment over the challenges experienced by the network for its TV Sunday night movie. Fox...
- Synditel: So long for now. Ault, Susanne // Broadcasting & Cable;07/24/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 31, p30
Reports on the United States-based television critics group Television Critics Association's cancellation of the Synditel event during its year 2000 critics tour. Television celebrities' failure to attend the event.
- No syndication at this summer's TCA tour. Pursell, Chris // Electronic Media;6/3/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p3
Reports the absence of the formal syndication presence during the Television Critics Association tour in the U.S. Elimination of the Synditel; Need for evaluating the priorities of the event; Negotiation between the group and the producers.
- Zingers Fly Fast and Furious at TCA Tour. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/19/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 3, p7
The article discusses issues addressed by the Television Critics Association at their press tour which was attended by various broadcast and cable networks in the U.S. The event talked about the conflict between Paula Abdul and Kara DioGuardi, who are both "American Idol" judges. Moreover, it...
- Execs Back the Broadcast Model at TCA. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;1/23/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p8
The article focuses on issues discussed at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour held in the United States in January 2006. The traditional broadcast model will still be used to get content to viewers according to television executives. Television networks are launching efforts to...
- THE INSIDER. McConville, Jim; Halonen, Doug; Hatch, David // Electronic Media;05/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments related to the television broadcasting industry in the United States for the week ending May 15, 2000. Cable television industry group National Cable Television Association's 2000 convention.