PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Hunting for American imports. // Televisual;Apr2006, p11
The article focuses on the LA Screenings, a gathering of almost 800 television executives from over 60 different countries during the month of May. These executives come from ITV, BBC, Five, Sky, and Channel 4. Television studios are holding the biggest party or serving the best lunch to prove...
- DATEBOOK. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 24, p32
Offers information on several award presentations and other events concerning the TV industry to be held across the U.S. from June 13 to July 29, 2005, including the Management Development Seminar for Television Executives.
- In the Company of Giants. Haley, Kathy // CED;Nov2003 Supplement, Vol. 29, p3B
Reports on the induction of a number of television industry executives as new members of the Cable Hall of Fame in Denver, Colorado. Background of the inductees; Details on the programs and activities; Contribution of the awardees to the vitality of the cable television industry.
- 'The men and women who control broadcasting believe that television is an idiot's lantern' Cox, David // New Statesman;12/9/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4617, p27
Deals with the skepticism of television executives in Great Britain on the capacity of television broadcasting and programming to make sense of the news. Tasks society could require of the media; Evaluation of television networks and their television programs; Criticisms on broadcast...
- Networking. // Cable World (10427228);3/25/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p42
Presents news on some cable television network executives in the U.S. as of March 25, 2002. Recipient of the Time Warner Cable 2001 High School Cranial Crunch championship trophy; Partnership between Lifetime Television and New York Women in Film and Television.
- BalvÃn dismissal called political charade, poorly timed. Dragomir, Marius // Prague Business Journal;12/2/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p1
Reports on key issues relevant to the dismissal of Jiri Balvin, executive head of Czech Television. Control of the country's public broadcaster; Details about the dismissal; Implications for the broadcasting sector; Struggle between politicians and lobbyists.
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;8/22/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p19
Presents news briefs on cable television executives and events in the U.S. as of August 22, 2005. Promotion of Bob Jimenez at Cox Enterprises Inc.; Appointment of Cheryl Koll at Hallmark Channel; Information on the Mid-America Cable Show in Kansas.
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p12
Presents updates on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of January 31, 2005. Appointment of executives in the cable television industry; Events in the cable industry from January to June 2005.
- Market forces: DISCOP grows with partnership. Holdsworth, Nick; Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/20/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 46, p76
The article presents information on the initiative of the National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE) to popularize DISCOP, Central Europe's leading forum for buying and selling television and multimedia content. NATPE president and chief executive Rick Feldman announced in...