- This Just In. // Multichannel News;6/7/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p3
Presents news briefs concerning media companies as of June 2004. Appointment of Playboy Enterprises Inc. executive Jim English at the Playboy Entertainment Group; Information on a deal signed by Cox Communications Inc. with Neura Communications Inc.; Opening of a call center by Comcast Corp.
- MARKETS. // Multichannel News;2/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p41
The article offers stocks-related updates within the telecommunications industry as of February 2006. The rating given by Banc of America Securities analyst Doug Shapiro on Comcast Corp. stock is reported. The reason behind the decline in XM Satellite stock is explained. The prices of several...
- Headendings. R.B.; J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/4/96, Vol. 126 Issue 10, p45
Presents news briefs on various aspects of the mass media in the United States. Lawsuit by Playboy Enterprises; Details on cable network QVC's marketing 1996 campaign; ESPN's coverage of the PPG IndyCar U.S. 500.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p34
Provides information on stocks of selected cable television networks and other mass media companies in the U.S. as of September 22, 2003. Share of stocks for Harmonic Inc.; Summary of gainer and losers in stock trading; Rating given by Standard & Poor's to Comcast Corp.
- BUT WILL THERE BE BOY BUNNIES? // Xtra (Toronto);4/13/2006, Issue 560, p21
Reports that Playboy Enterprises is considering to expand into the gay male porn market in Great Britain and North America as of April 2006. Comment from Playboy CEO Christine Hefner; Sources of income for Playboy Enterprises; Revenue of Playboy Enterprises in 2005.
- 'AM Mayhem' film tells chapter of Power 1490 radio. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;7/6/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p12
The article presents updates in the mass media in Tucson, Arizona including the launch of a documentary on a radio station, the change in reporting schedule for weather reporter April Madison, and the opening of a retail store by Comcast Corp.
- Comcast Roars In 1Q. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/1/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. in the first fiscal quarter in 2006. Increase in the basic subscribers of the company by 47,000; Views of Doug Shapiro, cable and satellite analyst at Banc of America Securities, on the financial results; Improvement of the value...
- Herd on the Street. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;8/10/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 27, p6
The article reports on the decline in the media sector of the American stock market as of August 2015. Topics discussed include the percentage of revenue that mass media company Comcast Corp. derives from cable-distribution operations, views of RBC Capital Markets media analyst David Bank on the...
- C&W takes centre stage. // Utility Week;11/15/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p10
Provides an update on the trading of telecommunication, media and technology stocks in Great Britain as of November 15, 2002. Impact of Verizon's decision to sell its shares in Cable & Wireless; Price of Vodafone's stocks; Total trading stocks of BT.