Three Key Funds Cut Back on Cable Stocks
- AT PRESS TIME. // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p1
Reports on news and developments in the United States mass media. Scheduled hearing at the House telecommunications subcommittee to determine ways to make the Baby Bells competitive against cable in the broadband marketplace; Screen Actors Guild and American Federation of Television and Radio...
- Old media dotcom. Colman // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/99, Vol. 129 Issue 47, p62
Focuses on the investments of cable operators and broadcasters in new media in the United States. Technology stock market corrections; Missteps in efforts to go digital; Business models that bridge the gap between old media and new media.
- Cable operators find money in new media. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p20
Reports on cable operators' potential income from new media vehicles in the United States. Advertising sales from new media; Revenue projections from online and digital television.
- Channel surfing... // Variety;03/16/98, Vol. 370 Issue 5, p27
Presents news from the cable television network in United States. Exclusive domestic rights to telecast the Elton John-Billy Joel concert; Creative and marketing contract awarded by Fox Family Channel to Pittard Sullivan.
- 'Old' media reaps value of the new. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p39
Comments on the financial impact of digital cable television and the Internet on mass media businesses in the United States. Estimates of the generated revenue of CNBC and MSNBC from the new media technology; Potentials of digital cable and the Internet to offset revenue declines of television...
- Street digs cable fare. Peers, Martin; Dempsey, John // Variety;06/16/97, Vol. 367 Issue 7, p1
Describes three myths governing the media industry in the United States. Growth of the cable industry; Significance of the information highway; Importance of telecommunications in the industry; Round of mergers and acquisitions in the cable industry; Investments made by large corporations in...
- ONCE AND AGAIN. McClellan, Steve; Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;7/30/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 32, p18
Reports on mass media companies' efforts to gain control of the cable television industry in the United States as of July 30, 2001. Media companies' plan to use cable television to maximize the value of their television productions; Strategies used by media companies to acquire cable television...
- Market Indicators. // MediaWeek;4/5/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p3
Presents updates on U.S. mass media as of April 5, 2004. Advertisers on network cable; Information on advertising in business books.
- DISNEY'S CABLE CHANNEL SLIDE: THE STARK NEW NUMBERS. BOND, PAUL // Hollywood Reporter;12/11/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 41, p15
The article discusses the 10-K filing before the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission of Walt Disney Do. chief executive officer Robert Iger indicating the subscription performance of cable television assets ESPN, Disney Channel and Disney XD.