House Duo: Tap Modem Cash
- LEC wireless CATV gets the go ahead. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;9/6/93, Vol. 225 Issue 10, p9
Reports on the granting of permission by the Federal Communications Commission to local exchange carriers to offer wireless cable television (CATV) services within their territories. Offer of local multipoint distribution service by CellularVision; Bell Atlantic's intention to offer wireless...
- Telephone companies keeping video in play. Dawson, Fred // Inter@ctive Week;07/21/97, Vol. 4 Issue 24, pI-10
Editorial. Comments on the efforts of telephone companies to get into the cable business. Experiments of telephone companies with building cable television (TV) networks; Statement from Brian Blevins, spokesman for GTE Corporation.
- Cable's HSD Market Share Hit 57%. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;12/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p14
Reports on the control of cable operators on the majority of high speed data market in the U.S. as of June 30, 2002 according to data by Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Plans of FCC to draft broadband policies in favor of cable operators and phone companies; Growth rate of cable...
- Bill Pushes Transition To Digital TV. Takaki, Millie // SHOOT;9/27/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 38, p1
Reports that a draft of a bill circulated by leaders of the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee Republican from Los Angeles W.J. Tauzin and a Democrat from Michigan John Dingell proposes to force broadcasters to stop sending conventional analog Television signals by December 31, 2006....
- Consumer Groups Urge Rate Regs. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
Reports on plans of consumer groups to advocate for the passage of federal legislation designed to regulate cable television pricing and packaging. Plans for the examination of cable rates by the Senate Commerce Committee chairman John McCain; Alternatives provided by Consumer Union's senior...
- Tenn. Ops Back Overbuild Bills. // Multichannel News;5/21/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p14
Focuses on the legislative bills of local cable systems in Nashville, Tennessee. Requirement of public utilities to submit plans to a referendum; Importance of municipally owned power companies and rural electric companies in the state; Launching of a telecommunication service by Fayetteville...
- Dereg still on slow track. Albiniak, Paige; McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;7/23/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 31, p5
Focuses on the delay of the bill on cable-ownership caps by the FCC in the United States. Ability of the commission to loosen ownership rules; Opposition of the newspaper companies on the bill; Changes in the media-ownership rules.
- Carolina No-Call Bill Riles Operations. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p40
Focuses on the joined forces of cable operators and publishers to fight a no-call bill in North Carolina. Controversy of the bill; Provisions of the bill; Impact of the bill on cable industry.
- Ad Age's World Wire. // Advertising Age;8/19/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 34, p28
The article offers advertising news briefs. The Queensland State Electoral Commission dismissed a move to legislate for truth in political advertising. A legislation was passed by the Canadian government which will allow cable television and telephone companies to enter other's business. Some...