Study: Voice Drives Profitability
- IPTV: a game with frontiers. Taaffe, Ouida // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2006, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p10
The article talks about Internet protocol television (IPTV) in Europe. The voice revenues of telecommunication markets in the United States and Europe are shrinking, and most European incumbents are looking to IPTV as a way to reinforce revenues and keep the customers. But the issue of whether...
- Might Be Time for 'IPTV Labs' Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p10
The article reports on the call for the establishment of interoperability standards in Internet Protocol television (IPTV) in the U.S. Because IPTV is based on an open network, IPTV set-top box developers must do a custom implementation for each customer. Several telecommunication companies are...
- Change is good. Gray, Mark // Brandweek;4/4/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 14, pSR60
Focuses on the benefits of Internet protocol television (IPTV) for advertisers in the U.S. Projected number of IPTV subscribers by 2007; Advantages of IPTV for television viewers; Tips for advertisers on how to adapt to IPTV.
- Comcast's 'Stream' Aims for Millennials. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;7/20/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p3
The article offers information on the Stream, a new Internet-protocol-delivered service, from Comcast.
- Why IPTV is struggling to deliver on its promise. Murphy, James // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;9/8/2006, p15
The article discusses the future of Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) in the Asian broadcasting industry. IPTV is a broadband delivery channel that offers digital content either through streaming or on-demand, along with interactive elements including multimedia file sharing. It has been...
- Report: Internet-connected TV sales to surpass game console sales. // CED;Aug2011, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p8
The article focuses on the report from Informa Telecoms and Media, which predicts that sales of game consoles would be surpassed by the sales of internet-connected televisions (TV), such as Samsung, LG, and Sony, in 2011.
- No choice. // Total Telecom Magazine;Aug2005, p28
Presents a discussion of speakers from the Broadband Home Services Day and the Digital Entertainment World Congress regarding the involvement of telecommunication companies in content services. Business models for content; Ways to create incremental revenue in a music service; Information on...
- Netflix gets pair of price target hikes. PATRICK SEITZ // Investors Business Daily;8/10/2015, p00
The article reports on the financial performance of American Internet television company Netflix Inc. as of August 2015, highlighting its price target hikes, increased stock market and subscriber gains.
- Towards capacity and profit optimization of video-on-demand services in a peer-assisted IPTV platform. Chen, Yih-Farn; Huang, Yennun; Jana, Rittwik; Jiang, Hongbo; Rabinovich, Michael; Rahe, Jeremy; Wei, Bin; Xiao, Zhen // Multimedia Systems;Feb2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p19
This paper studies the conditions under which peer-to-peer (P2P) technology may be beneficial in providing IPTV services over typical network architectures. It has three major contributions. First, we contrast two network models used to study the performance of such a system: a commonly used...