Inside Telco TV in Texas
- Verizon says rules could kill Web TV. Hattem, Julian; Devaney, Tim // Hill;10/22/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 108, p12
The article reports on the concern of the top executives of the telecommunication company Verizon Communications Inc. regarding the implications of federal rules that might affect on its plan to offer television packages that come over the Internet in the U.S.
- Broadband Soapbox. // CT's Pipeline;2/26/2008, p3
The article reports on the increase in the demand for Internet television protocol. It reveals that Verizon Wireless has 500,000 fiber optic service video subscribers last June 2007 and hit the 1 million mark at the end of January 2008. They are now the 10th largest cable provider, just behind...
- REPORT: MORE THAN 5 MILLION TELCO TV SUBSCRIBERS IN 2009. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;10/26/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p7
The article focuses on a report by Boston, Massachusetts-based Strategy Analytics on the growth of Internet-protocol television (IPTV). It is predicted the IPTV will rise sharply in the third quarter of 2009, driven by a 12 percent surge in Verizon's FiOS TV customer base. According to Strategy...
- REPORT: IPTV DEFIES MARKET. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/19/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p6
The article reports that internet protocol television (TV) providers including AT&T U-Verse and Verizon FiOS have added a net 398,000 subscribers in the second quarter of 2013, making IPTV as the lone bright spot for the pay-TV industry.
- Irvington OKs Verizon's FiOS TV. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/30/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 44, p3
The article reports that Irvington, New York's Board of Trustees has approved Verizon Communications Inc.'s fiber optic Internet service (FiOS) TV service for the Hudson River village. Verizon is awaiting the state Public Service Commission's approval before launching its TV service in...
- Verizon offers skinny TV bundles for thrifty consumers. PATRICK SEITZ // Investors Business Daily;4/17/2015, p00
The article discusses the launch of the FiOS Custom television (TV) and Internet bundles from Verizon Communications Inc.
- IPTV: a game with frontiers. Taaffe, Ouida // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2006, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p10
The article talks about Internet protocol television (IPTV) in Europe. The voice revenues of telecommunication markets in the United States and Europe are shrinking, and most European incumbents are looking to IPTV as a way to reinforce revenues and keep the customers. But the issue of whether...
- Might Be Time for 'IPTV Labs' Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p10
The article reports on the call for the establishment of interoperability standards in Internet Protocol television (IPTV) in the U.S. Because IPTV is based on an open network, IPTV set-top box developers must do a custom implementation for each customer. Several telecommunication companies are...
- Change is good. Gray, Mark // Brandweek;4/4/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 14, pSR60
Focuses on the benefits of Internet protocol television (IPTV) for advertisers in the U.S. Projected number of IPTV subscribers by 2007; Advantages of IPTV for television viewers; Tips for advertisers on how to adapt to IPTV.