Time Warner Eves 'Content Hub'
- In the States:. // CableFAX Daily;7/5/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 128, p1
Presents news briefs on cable networks in the U.S. as of July 2006. Launch of Cablevision's Fuse on Demand; Launch of Time Warner Cable's Wi-Fi Internet pilot program in Cedarburg, Wisconsin.
- CORD-CUTTERS IN THE CITY? SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;9/20/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p2
The article reports on the move of the New York City officials to conduct agreements with the cable companies Time Warner Cable Inc. and Cablevision Systems Corp. on terminating contracts if the cable-television revenue would decline by 2020. The Department of Information Technology &...
- Digital News: Briefs. // Marketing (00253650);1/10/2007, p12
The article offers news briefs related to digital media. Channel 4's podcast content will be available over a public Wi-Fi network for a period of two months. It is reported that 10 Downing Street's Web site is providing visitors an interactive tour of the house. ITV Networks Ltd. has launched...
- TECH BRIEFS. // Electronic Media;11/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p7
Presents newsbriefs related to digital media in the U.S. as of November 2002. Scheduled launch of the Internet-based movie rental service Movielink; Increase in customer spendings on digital cable and Internet services provided by cable companies.
- Digital networks find their audiences. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;12/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p12
Reports on performance of various digital cable networks in the U.S. market. Strategies adopted by MuchMusic USA to retain its customers; Performance of Lifetime Movie Network since 1998; Need for investment in marketing, promotion and original programming for digital networks expressed by...
- Let the tiers flow. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p16
Focuses on the digital cable tier package offered by cable operators in the United States. Motives of cable operators for introducing digital cable tiers; Projection on the number of cable customers to equipped digitally by Comcast by year 2001; Details on the programming tiers offered by AT&T...
- Wanted: Exec as 'Digital Superhero' Leddy, Craig // Multichannel News;03/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p44
Reports on the integration of digital media businesses into cable operators and programming companies' organizational structures. Mapping of plans for digital cable networks, Web sites and broadband ventures; Creation of organizational charts.
- In the States. // CableFAX Daily;10/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 210, p2
The article offers news briefs on cable television as of October 2005. Because of an equipment failure, thousands of Time Warner Cable SoCal customers missed the end of the World Series baseball tournament. The latest city to get city-wide WiFi roaming access is Addison, Texas. A group of...
- TWC taps TandbergTV for small-market VOD deployment. // CED;Oct2007, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p8
The article reports that Time Warner Cable (TWC) Inc. is utilizing an OpenStream digital services platform from Tandberg Television in the U.S. TWC intends to offer video on demand (VOD) services to its small-market subscribers. TWC is able to manage the VOD services from its headquarters in...