Turning Off the Soft Switch
- TALKING TECHNOLOGY. Moore, Tod; Larmore, Nathan // Health Facilities Management;Apr2005, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p30
Discusses the readiness of hospitals and other health facilities to use voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) in their operations. Possible operational challenges for hospital departments when using VoIP; Difference between traditional telephony and VoIP technology; Question for health facilities...
- IP UNITY/GALLERY IP OFFER VOICE/TELEPHONY SERVICES. // Tele-Service News;Dec2001, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p2
Discusses the partnership between IP Unity Inc. and Gallery IP Telephony Inc. to offer carriers in the United States the rapid delivery of voice services.
- IP voice quality: Is there a price to pay? W.K. Gritton, Charles // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p79
Deals with the challenges faced by Internet Protocol-based networks in delivering voice services with quality comparable to those of circuit-based networks. Voice services as a high-revenue source for operators; Importance of echo equipment in ensuring quality of service; Drawbacks to quality.
- BREDBANDSBOLAGET DEPOYS CISCO TECHNOLOGY FOR VOIP TELEPHONY. // Worldwide Telecom;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p2
Reports that broadband provider Bredbandsbolaget will deploy fully functional telephony service using Voice over Internet Protocol from Cisco Systems.
- VoIP solutions--Get ahead of the game. // Communications News;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p66
Discusses how Voice over Internet Protocol improves customer-care capabilities and employee productivity. Benefits of VoIP solutions; How VoIP solutions are implemented; Distribution of automated calls.
- Latest VoIP Products. // Communications News;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p70
Presents information on several Voice over Internet Protocol products. Function of Sphericall system; Features of the PacketStorm 1800E IP Network Emulator; Design of the SHOUTIP telephony platform.
- The lord of the numbers. Huston, Geoff // Satellite Broadband;Jun2002, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p14
Provides information on ENUM, a solution converging the public switched telephone network and Internet Protocol networks and the mapping of a telephone number from the public switched telephone network to Internet functionalities. Conventional approach for an application to support a voice...
- Free Voice-over-IP. Krauss, Jeffrey // CED;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p70
Describes several voice-over-IP technologies. AOL Instant Messenger service; Free World Dialup service; Internet Session Initiation protocol.
- THE METAMORPHOSIS OF IP TELEPHONY. Williamson, John // Global Telephony;Jun2001, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p20
Comments on the changes in Internet protocol (IP) telephony. Comparison of features with voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP); Variations in the packet theme related to voice over protocol; Comparison with conventional circuit-switched voice; Opportunity arising from a combination of flat-rate...