TCM Sets Its Sights Younger
- TURNER DEBUTS SUBSCRIPTION VIDEO-ON-DEMAND SERVICE. // CD Computing News;Nov2016, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p4
The article evaluates FilmStruck, a video-on-demand service developed and managed by Turner Classic Movies (TCM) in collaboration with Criterion Collection.
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;10/3/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p2
Presents an update on subscription television in the U.S. as of October 2005. Decision of Time Warner Cable to continue to distribute AMC on its basic tier as part of its long-term carriage deal with the company; Launch of a branding and tune-in advertising campaign at Landmark Theaters and...
- TCM digs deep for database. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/24/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the development of an interactive movie database by Turner Classic Movies. Name of the database; Schedule of the database's launch; Information posted in the database.
- Time Warner planning VOD test. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p6
Reports on Time Warner's plan to introduce a full-blown video-on-demand (VOD) test in 1999 or early 2000. Testing of deployable equipment in the field; Description of equipment used by the company for the trial; Claim by server provider SeaChange that it can put a cable provider in the VOD...
- VOD Has Three Legs in Green Bay. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p14
Reports on the launching iControl video-on-demand services (SVOD) from Time Warner Cable of Green Bay Wisconsin. Rate for the access of SVOD; Availability of SVOD tp digital-cable subscriber; Video recorders integrated within Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
- Time Warner Cable preps VOD service for L.A. area. Grossman, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/6/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 39, p5
Reports on the introduction of video-on-demand service by Time Warner Cable on its Los Angeles area cable systems. Use of nCube's server architecture to deliver films to customers; Deals with Universal, Sony and Warner Bros.; Sufficiency of products to offer to customers.
- Oxygen/Time Warner Cable Air Karaoke. Jensen, Elizabeth // Television Week;7/17/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p32
The article reports on the launch of the free on-demand channel Air Karaoke from Oxygen on Demand of Time Warner Cable in Lincoln, Nebraska. Oxygen has introduced the Watch to Win sweepstakes as a way to promote the free on-demand service. It is said that Air Karaoke plays on Oxygen on Demand...
- Time Warner Brings VOD to NYC. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p8
Reports the launching of the video-on-demand service of Time Warner Cable in New York City. Emphasis on transactional content; Availability of hit movies from Hollywood; Subscription details; Prices of the cable stocks.
- Time Warner's VOD in L.A.: It's Like FSN, Only Cheaper. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;11/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p1
Reports on Time Warner Cable Inc.'s video-on-demand (VOD) launch by the company's Los Angeles, California division. Server storage used in VOD; Technological differences between Time Warner Cable's VOD and Full Service Network; Production houses and cable networks whose films would be shown on VOD.