Qwest Gets Video Pact in Salt Lake
- Comcast Execs Lay Out Aggressive Goals. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);5/19/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the plans of Comcast Corp. for 2004. Percentage of its systems to be upgraded; Percentage of its customers who will have access to video-on-demand; Percentage of its customers to receive high definition signals. INSET: COMCAST DIGITAL PROGRESSION.
- Demanding Video. Healy, Justin // Fortune;11/15/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p30
Presents a letter to the editor about "Comcast Wants to Change the World" (Oct. 18) and Comcast's pursuit of video-on-demand (VOD).
- Ad Group to Comcast: Cease Claims. // Multichannel News;9/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the recommendation made by the National Advertising Division of the Council of Better Business Bureaus which aims to stop Comcast Corp. from claiming that its Xfinity services can provide the best quality of high definition (HD) picture.
- Comcast Plans Wider Rollout for HDTV. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p3
Reports the plan to offer the high-definition television by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Specialization of local digital-broadcast channels and movie services; Response of the customers on the plan of Comcast Corp.; Scheme on one-box solution from Motorola Inc. and Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
- Comcast Adds HD PBS Feed in Philly. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p14
Reports the plan of Comcast Corp. on adding a high-definition (HD) television channel in the United States. Importance of adding HD content on Comcast Corp.; Subscription rate of HD television services; Partnership of Comcast with a major consumer electronics retailer company.
- TECH BRIEFS. // Electronic Media;7/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p12
Reports developments related to broadcasting as of July 2002. Confusion of consumers on high-definition television; Increase consumer awareness for demand and video-on-demand.
- Comcast, Discovery Reach Carriage Deal. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;1/19/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p3
The article reports on the agreement of Comcast Corp. and Discovery Communications to a new long-term carriage agreement. Comcast likely has agreed to carry several of Discovery's high-definition television networks, the article notes. People familiar with both companies said that, as part of...
- COMCAST HAS HD DVD. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Retailing;9/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p8
The article reports on the plans of Comcast to offer 100 hours of high definition video-on-demand content in the U.S. in 2006, beginning with "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Through Starz Entertainment, Comcast will release at least twenty high definition films...
- Cable Companies Make Pitch for HD. King, Danny // Television Week;11/10/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p13
This article deals with the promotion efforts of cable companies for their high-definition (HD) offering. Comcast, whose 24.4 million customers make it the largest U.S. cable service, has been the most aggressive at pitching its HD services. Comcast said it would give its subscribers 1,000 HD...