Sci Fi Covets Buzz of 'Lost'
- Travelers Get Lost. // MediaWeek;9/10/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p39
Reports on the purchase of the reality television series `Lost' by cable network Travel Channel from NBC.
- Clutter quandary. Lee, Jeremy // Marketing (00253650);11/30/2005, p19
This article reports that last week, Channel 4 got a rap on the knuckles from the British Office of Communications (Ofcom) for exceeding the number of advertising breaks allowed per hour during a broadcast of its U.S. drama import "Lost." The regulator launched an investigation after 23 members...
- 6.4 mil viewers find 'Lost' in U.K. premiere. Bennett, Ray; Williams, Chad // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/16/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 25, p107
This article reports that Great Britain's cable television network Channel 4 posted its best ever ratings for a U.S. series launch after the television program "Lost" crashed its way onto British television screens. The much-anticipated show recorded peak figures of 6.4 million viewers,...
- NBC's 'Lost' finds way to Travel run. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;9/5/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the sale of a rerun of each of six hours of reality series 'Lost' by NBC to Travel Channel. Offer made by the Peacock network to Pax TV; Reason of Travel Channel for accepting the offer; Price of the purchase.
- EMMY WATCH. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/16/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 25, pS15
This article presents information on music nominees vying for television's highest honor the 2005 Emmy Awards. Nominees for the category "Music Composition for a Series" includes: Jeff Deed, composer for the television program "Carnivale," broadcast on the cable television network Home Box...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- 'LOST' FINDS A NEW TIMESLOT. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;11/10/2008, Vol. 301 Issue 26, p2
The article reports on the new time slot of the television program "Lost." According to the author, the fantasy-mystery program will be aired every Wednesday at the American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) channel. The program "Private Practice," which occupies the said time slot, will be given a new...
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.