TiVo Downloads May Be Slow
- Comcast Keeps Making Digital Gains. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p174
Reports on the continued growth of the digital television subscriber base of Comcast Corp. during the first quarter of 2000. Digital cable's warding off of direct-broadcast satellite penetration; Financial performance.
- Comcast Execs Vow to Keep Pedal to Metal. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p16
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to re-invest its digital-cable revenue. Launching of two products yearly; Acquisitions made by the company; Investment in rebuilds.
- Comcast to launch digital in Philly. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/97, Vol. 127 Issue 43, p57
Highlights Comcast Corp.'s launch of its digital television (TV) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Total number of channels of digital programming offered by Comcast; Comcast's interest in digital as an offensive strategy intended to generate new revenue; Pricing for Comcast's digital TV.
- Buyer's Guide. // What Hi-Fi? Sound & Vision;Oct2009, p83
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the identification of high-fidelity, home cinema kit and digital televisions.
- TELLY SCOPE. // Truck & Driver;Oct2009, p78
The article evaluates the AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid + FM Volar package for viewing television through a laptop.
- Editorial. George Dawei Guo // Westminster Papers in Communication & Culture;Mar2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the communication policy in China, the Chinese digital rights management (DRM), and the digital television switchover in China.
- EUROS SET TO OUTSTRIP U.S. IN DIGITAL. Clarke, Steve // Variety;8/28/2006, Vol. 404 Issue 2, p32
The article reports that the digital television market in Europe will overtake the U.S. by the end of 2006. It is estimated that 65 million Euro households will have hooked up to digital services compared with 59.5 million in the U.S. Great Britain is the only Euro country that has more than...
- Cox joins Comcast in TiVo guide deal. // CED;Oct2006, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the deal that Cox Communications Inc. has made with TiVo Inc., which allows subscribers of Cox video services to select the TiVo navigational system as their guide for digital cable service. Cox joins with Comcast Corp. in adopting the TiVo navigational system. According...
- TiVo gets second wind by bridging media gap. Mermigas, Diane // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/3/2005, Vol. 388 Issue 49, p6
This article reports that in the coming months TiVo Inc. and Comcast Corp. will shake up the evolving digital television landscape by getting personal with branded-targeted search advertising and content-aggregation software that will be downloaded into millions of existing set-top boxes. Such...