NCTA Plan: Allow Limited Regulation
- 'Carte' Foes Fight Back. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p41
Reports on the efforts of major cable companies and sports leagues to counter proposed legislation that could force distributors to allow television viewers to pick and choose the channels they want to pay for. Arguments of Walt Disney Co. and the National Cable & Telecommunications Association...
- Indecency Proposal: Allow Cable Regulation. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. cable-television industry to comply with federal indecency standards on foul language and overt sexual activity. The Senate Commerce Committee is planning to hold hearings on media and telecommunications policies in the first quarter of 2006. The...
- Party time. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 7, p81
Reports on Nickelodeon's plan to hold a big bash at the Paramount Studios to launch its TV Land nostalgia network during the National Cable Television Association convention in Los Angeles on April 29, 1996.
- Party time. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/19/96, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p89
Reports on the plan of Nickelodeon to hold a big bash to launch its TV Land nostalgia network during the 1996 National Cable Television Association.
- Spanish trip for Travel Channel off in October. Gelman, Morrie // Hollywood Reporter;5/8/95, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p6
Reports that The Travel Channel is expected to announce, during the 1995 convention of the National Cable Television Association in Dallas, Texas, a 24-hour Spanish-language version of its travel news, documentaries and live events for Latin America for introduction in October.
- AT&T Seeks Freedom at FCC. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p34
The article reports on the request of AT&T Inc. to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to eliminate regulations applicable to cable companies. The primary concern for the firm is the elimination of the franchise requirement and rules regarding Internet Protocol video services. AT&T...
- NCTA BRIEFS. Bernstein, Paula // Variety;05/15/2000, Vol. 378 Issue 13, p15
Provides news briefs concerning the National Cable Television Association as of May 15, 2000. Decision of Fox's Health Network to re-launch as WebMD Television in the fall; Plan of MTV2 to premiere its first interactive music show in the fall; New titles added to the series of original films...
- Distribution is cable's cross to bear. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;1/30/95, Vol. 125 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the expectations of the new cable networks in the continuation of distribution problems. Deal between Television Food Network with a telephone company to offer recipes in demand; Advantages of the FCC's going-forward rules on new stations.
- X-ing out C-SPAN? Mundy, Alicia // Brandweek;3/17/97, Vol. 38 Issue 11, Adweek p6
Focuses on regulatory issues facing the cable industry. Disposition of the `must carry' provision of the 1992 Cable Act; Failure of the Telecom Act; Impact of TCI's dropping of C-SPAN in lieu of Animal Planet.