The Power of Empowerment
- Awash in a Sea of Niches. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;12/04/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 47, p20
Reports on the challenge posed by the growing niche networks for the United States cable television industry. Changes in the industry's environment; Brand the TNN network is developing; Television programs the FX network has acquired.
- CALENDER. // Multichannel News;7/27/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p17
A calendar of events for the U.S. cable television industry from July 29, 2015 to October 25, 2015 is presented which includes the annual meeting and dinner of the Wisconsin Cable Communications Association, 2015 CableLabs Summer Conference, and New York City Television Week.
- Cable TV Pioneers inducts Class of '09. // CED;Apr2009, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p8
The article lists the Cable TV Pioneers' Class of 2009 which includes William Beaty Jr. from Comporium Communications, Michael W. Drake from Milestone Communications, and Tom Feige from Time Warner Cable.
- EURO CABLERS, SATCHOS FORGE TIES FOR NEW ORG. Jambs, Alison // Daily Variety;10/10/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the organization of an association of cable and satellite channels in Europe. Conflict with local cable operators on issues on distribution charge; Accessibility of cable networks.
- The Problem with Cable Programming. Polka, Matthew M. // Multichannel News;8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p53
Discusses the problems faced by the cable television industry in the United States. Rate of increases for cable programming; Effect of mergers on consumer cable prices; Initiatives taken by the American Cable Association to address the harm caused by retransmission-consent-tying agreements.
- Wait 'til next year, WCA says. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;06/30/97, Vol. 127 Issue 27, p70
Reports on the Wireless Cable Association's (WCA) pledge to revive the cable television industry. Downfall of the industry as cable stock prices decline and investors shift to other fields; Mixed comments from industry executives; Reliance on technology to boost subscription.
- ACA Through the Years. // Multichannel News;4/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p18
The article offers information on the history of the American Cable Association (ACA). It was formerly known as the Small Cable Business Association (SCBA) which represented small independent cable operators on various critical issues. It provides the important events and issues that helped...
- DATE BOOK. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p38
Presents a calendar of events for the cable television broadcasting industry in the U.S. from July through October 2004. Annual Meeting and Management Retreat of the Michigan Association of Broadcasters; Reporter Training of the Television News Center; Fall Broadcast Management Conference of...
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;11/17/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p24
A calendar of events from December 2014 through February 2015 for the cable and television industries in the U.S. is presented including Cable Day of the Missouri Cable Telecommunications Association, National Cable Television Cooperative's 2015 Winter Educational Conference, and the Southwest...