- The Columbine Tapes. Gibbs, Nancy; Roche, Timothy; Goldstein, Andrew; Harrington, Maureen; Woodbury, Richard // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/20/99, Issue 51, p22
Focuses on the contents of five videocassettes in which Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris, the gunmen in the 1999 Columbine High School shooting, reveal their motives. Why Klebold and Harris said their parents could not have stopped them; Opinions of the gunmen on fellow classmates at the...
- 'Be Alert' to Keep Schools Safe, Panelists Say. Zehr, Mary Ann // Education Week;10/18/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p5
This article reports on a federal summit on school safety after three fatal school shootings. The meeting took place near Washington, DC. Details regarding the topics discussed are included. An overview of several school shootings, including the shooting at Columbine, is provided. Ideas about...
- Finding New Life After Columbine. Murr, Andrew // Newsweek;4/17/2000, Vol. 135 Issue 16, p56
Focuses on three families of shooting victims at the April 20, 1999 shooting at Colorado's Columbine High School. Roles that the parents of Daniel Mauser, Rachel Scott, and Isaiah Shoels have taken as activists against school violence; Effect of Michael Shoels' lawsuit against the families of...
- The Columbine Tapes. Gibbs, Nancy; Roche, Timothy; Goldstein, Andrew; Harrington, Maureen; Woodbury, Richard // Time;12/20/1999, Vol. 154 Issue 25, p40
Focuses on the contents of five videocassettes in which Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris, the gunmen in the 1999 Columbine High School shooting reveal their motives. Why Klebold and Harris said their parents could not have stopped them; Opinions of the gunmen on fellow classmates at the Littleton,...
- 2 Students Gun Down 13. Brooke, James // New York Times Upfront;10/18/99, Vol. 132 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the April 20, 1999 massacre of 13 Columbine High School students and teachers in Littleton, Colorado, perpetrated by two assailants. Number of injured; Identity of the gunmen, who committed suicide after the shooting; Other information provided by the Jefferson County Sheriff's...
- School Shooting. Rubin, Jeffrey // Scholastic Action;09/06/99, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p14
Presents the testimony of Craig Scott, a student at Columbine High School in Colorado regarding the school shooting which happened on April 20, 1999.
- Schools Prepare for Columbine Anniversary. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;04/19/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p3
Focuses on several public events that were being planned in Colorado to commemorate the first year anniversary of school shootings at Columbine High School in Littleton on April 20, 2000. Significance of the anniversary; Actions taken by school administrators to prevent violence in schools.
- See Evil, Hear Evil, Speak Evil. // New York Times Upfront;03/19/2001, Vol. 133 Issue 14, p7
Reports the planned Columbine-style school attacks by students at high schools in Colorado, New York, Kansas and at a college in California. Discovery of weapons stockpiling and planning of massacres; Encouragement of snitching for prevention of school attacks.
- Columbine's Tortuous Road to Healing. Zoba, Wendy Murray // Christianity Today;04/03/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p80
Focuses on the shooting incident at the Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado on April 20, 1999. How the families of the victims rebuild their lives through Christian ministry; Attitude of the Columbine killers toward Christians; How the mass media reported the shootings.