Nebraska near passing Omaha convention center bill
- D.C. Council crafts convention hall bill to fill funding gap. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/07/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30246, p1
Reports on the proposed legislation that would revise the tax arrangement to fund a planned convention center project in Washington, D.C. Funding shortfall addressed by the bill; Structuring of a bond sale under the proposed measure; Criticisms on the project's costs.
- Boston officials seek legal advice for convention center deal. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;02/24/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30337, p31
Announces the hiring of lawyer Lawrence S. DiCara to determine the scope of Boston, Massachusetts' City Council in legislating a $157.8 million bond package for a proposed $700 million convention center project. Deadline for deciding on the deal; Background on the proposed project; Terms of the...
- Conventional tactics. Burbank, Jeff // Las Vegas Business Press;07/19/99, Vol. 16 Issue 28, p1
Discloses the controversy regarding the introduction of a legislative bill that would ban the Nevada's Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority's ability to use federal tax-exempt bonds to finance a planned expansion on the city's convention center. Conflict of interest between Venetian...
- DeLay bill 'not going anywhere,' says Gibbons. Burbank, Jeff // Las Vegas Business Press;08/30/99, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p9
Focuses on United States Representative Joe Gibbons' comments concerning House Majority Leader Tom DeLay's proposed legislation that prohibits the use of tax-exempt bonds to finance a convention center expansion in Las Vegas, Nevada. Impact of the bill on the Nevada gaming industry; Efforts of...
- A defining moment for Frank O'Bannon. McDaniel, Mike // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/02/97, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p4B
Comments on Indiana Governor Frank O'Bannon's vetoing of a bill that would allow Marion County government to finance the expansion of the Indiana Convention Center. Creation of poisoned political atmosphere; Influence of inexperienced and overzealous public relations staff.
- McCormick prices: Whoâ€™s not to blame? Loepp, Don // Plastics News;6/27/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p0006
The article reports on the decision of Society of the Plastics Industry Inc. (SPI) to move its 2012 and 2015 shows from McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois to Orlando, Florida. It states that a report of James Ylisela Jr. of "Crain's Chicago Business," refered to high cost of exhibit due to...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...