Thomson names Burns head of banking group
- Software helps banks steer clear of bad guys. Schulz, Matt // American Banker;8/24/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 163, p8
Focuses on Thomson Financial Publishing's foreign asset control software programs called FACS, FACFile and FACLine. Use of software by banks to comply with the regulations of the Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Asset Control; Features and capabilities of software.
- Product File. Linsley, Clyde // Bank Marketing;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p56
Introduces products and services for banks. Asset Estimator from Thomson Financial; Web-based training program in customer relations from AchieveGlobal; Expert Solutions Program from Clarke American Checks Inc.
- Thomson forms unit for computer trading. Sullivan, Deidre // American Banker;1/27/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 18, p18
Reports on the formation of the Electronics Settlements Group by Thomson Financial Services Inc. Provision for a real-time electronic trade confirmation services; Cross-border trade communications; Domestic settlement compliance; Howard P. Edelstein as head; Features of the system.
- Ontario Pension Plan Taps TF's Front-End Products. Chen, Tanya; Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;01/01/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p9
Cites plans by Hospitals of Ontario Pension Plan to replace its in-house system with Thomson Financial's Portia and OpenTrader products to streamline operations. Plan to use Portia for portfolio analysis and management and OpenTrader for transaction order management and execution work flow.
- TradeRoute expands electronic trading links. Hemmerick, Steve // Pensions & Investments;7/11/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p26
Reports that Thomson Financial Services' TradeRoute is developing three new links to securities brokers and a crossing network as part of an effort towards integrated electronic access to multiple securities brokers. ITG Inc.'s POSIT, an equity matching system; Donaldson, Lufkin & Jenrette...
- The Business Economist at Work: Thomson Financial Services. Kimelman, Nancy J. // Business Economics;Oct98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p53
Features the Thomson Financial Services Inc. Other services provided by the company; Job of a financial markets economist; Information on `meatball economics.'
- Weisenberger offering web-based analysis tool. // Pensions & Investments;10/30/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p50
Reports on Wiesenberger's introduction of FundEnterprise, a Web-based mutual fund analysis tool.
- Sliding in First Half, Banks Think Smaller. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p1
Presents preliminary statistics released by Thomson Financial on the value of bank merger and acquisition transactions in the U.S. for the first half 2002.
- Newsletter buy. Bustos, Sergio R. // Latin Trade (English);Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p14
Reports that Canadian firm Thomson Financial Services has acquired Argentina-based newsletter `Latin Fund Management' which focuses on money management in South America.