NCSHA's pilot program on electronic disclosure gets under way
- Housing Authority issuers heed requests to heighten, modernize disclosure practices. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;08/04/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30201, p40
Describes efforts by housing authority issuers in the United States to improve secondary market disclosure practices. Includes Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency's disclosure information on the Internet; California Housing Finance Agency's addition of more disclosure information in its...
- Muni market meets overlapping 'primary responsibilities'. Doty, Robert W. // Bond Buyer;11/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30776, p31
Examines violations connected to making disclosure misstatements or omissions in securities transactions in the United States. Analysis of a case wherein disclosure misstatement was committed in the offer of sale of securities; Levels of violations.
- Banks Urged to Open Up on Trading, Derivatives. Rehm, Barbara A. // American Banker;10/6/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 192, p2
Reports that the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision and the Technical Committee of the International Organization have released a document outlining the qualitative and quantitative disclosures regulators want to see from banks and securities firms. Importance of disclosures to increasing...
- UK/US agreement on policing financial markets. // Accountancy;Nov86, Vol. 98 Issue 1119, p41
Reports on the signing of a memorandum of understanding between the U.S. and Great Britain designed to provide a framework for the exchange of information on a confidential basis about the securities and future markets as of November 1986. Securing of compliance with legal rules and requirements.
- International disclosure standards set. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 15 Issue 88, p27
Reports on the Council of Securities Regulators of the Americas' (COSRA) adoption of principles and a resolution that commit members to establish and maintain mandatory systems for corporate disclosure. Data from `Deloitte & Touche Review'; COSRA member states.
- Follow-up Report on Matters Relating to Securities Arbitration: GAO-03-162R. // GAO Reports;4/11/2003, p1
Our June 2000 report Securities Arbitration: Actions Needed to Address Problem of Unpaid Awards revealed that, although investors had won a majority of awards against brokers, a high proportion of those awards had not been paid. Nearly all of the unpaid awards involved cases decided in the...
- TRADE SECRETS. Vinas, Tonya; Verespej, Michael A.; Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;Oct2001, Vol. 250 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the increasing pressure faced by securities analysts in the United States in disclosing their investment and compensation ties. Efforts of the Securities Industry Association to ensure the integrity of analyst research; Actions taken by Representative Richard H. Baker (R-La.);...
- Professional jealousy. Murrill, Maureen // BRW;11/19/99, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p22
Focuses on the Australian Securities and Investments Commission's discussion paper on disclosure. Goal of finding a way to ensure shareholders are not denied access to information; Commission recommendations.
- Anonymous Disclosures May Defeat The Purpose. Ruquet, Mark E. // National Underwriter / P&C;3/14/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p26
The article reports on the disclosure of information by brokers. Disclosure and good, commonsense behavior today is the best step for the long term. It is opined that brokers should think outside of the box about how they do their business when it comes to disclosure. Where the rules governing...