States look to copy Massachusetts' longer SRF loans
- Virginia to rev up airport SRF; may be first in nation to issue. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/02/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30695, p1
Focuses on Virginia's plans of launching a state revolving loan fund for airports. Plans of selling tax-exempt debt; Aim of providing low-interest loans to airports that may otherwise have troubles raising funds; Comment by Robert Lauterberg, executive director of the Virginia Resources Authority.
- CDFI Revolving Loan Fund Awards $790K. McKechnie, John // Credit Union Journal;1/20/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p24
Reports that the community development revolving loan fund of the National Credit Union Association awarded five loans in December 2002. Coastal Water Federal Credit Union, America's Best Community Federal Credit Union, Kekaha Federal Credit Union, and Molokai Community Federal Credit Union as...
- Health Care Groups Ask Congress to Create Loan SRFs. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p4
This article reports that two health care industry groups called on the U.S. Congress to establish state revolving loan funds (SRF) to help hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care providers upgrade and improve information technology, including hardware, software, and computerized...
- Foundation Coal Seeks Amendment. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;5/25/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p3
The article reports on the plan of Maryland coal producer Foundation Coal to revise its 835 million U.S. dollars credit facility. The amendment involves the elimination of capital expenditure limits. The company will in turn increase the interest it pays lenders to London interbank offered rate...
- $2.8 million available for small biz in Ulster County. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the availability of funds from the Ulster County Development Corp. (UCDC) for small businesses in Ulster County, New York. Availability through revolving loan funds (RLF); Range of services offered by UCDC.
- New loan avenue for little guys in Lakewood. Turner, Shawn A. // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/10/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p34
The article presents information on a $100,000 loan program started by Weco Fund Inc., a Cleveland, Ohio-based nonprofit firm. It is stated that the loan program is meant to help renovate vacant office space in Lakewood, Ohio. According to Robert Schordock, financial administrator at Weco, this...
- Our Community Revolving Loan Fund: How Walnut Street Co-op Financed Its Property. Bressen, Tree // Communities;Fall2005, Issue 128, p14
Discusses the community revolving loan fund of the Walnut Street Co-op in Eugene, Oregon. Refinancing cycle that the community goes through every five years; Loan sources; Relationship with lenders. INSET: Other Possible Financing Sources.
- Brace of corporate syndications closed. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/17/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 46, p47
The article reports on the debut of investment company International Capital Trading (ICT) and mobile phone retailer Itsalat International in the syndicated loan market. ICT closed a three-year revolving facility provided by Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, National Bank of Abu Dhabi and National Bank...
- N.Y. Legislature Agrees on Budget, Begins Voting Day Before FY 2010. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;3/31/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33089, p28
The article reports that New York lawmakers agreed on a $131.8 billion fiscal 2010 budget. It states that the negotiators added some new borrowing to the budget, including a $350 million student loan program that will be financed through bonds sold through the State of New York Mortgage Agency....