Housing agencies look at collateralizing HOPE VI grants
- Winooski, Vt., Eyes $18M in Garvee-Like Notes for Road Work. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31847, p36
Reports that the town of Winooski in northern Vermont has leveraged future federal grant money for the upcoming road projects. Issuance of notes; Use of Garvee bonds at the state level; Sale of the notes.
- Sarasota-Bradenton, Fla., Airport Faces Bond Obligation Risk. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p3
Reports on a filing by the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport management regarding the Florida airport's ability to meet its bond obligations without a federal grant to help it lure a low-fair airline. Florida countries served by the airport; Debt outstanding of the airport; Total debt...
- Oklahoma on the Road Again With $50 Million of Garvees. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31792, p40
Focuses on the preparation of Oklahoma to launch the issue of grant anticipation revenue vehicles as part of a plan to accelerate highway construction. Worth of the sale of Garvee program; Significant provision of the legislation regarding bond issues; Creation of a new Council of Bond Oversight
- Public and private grants update. Scott, Andrew // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 34, p8
Presents an update on public and private grants in Connecticut as of August 2004. Mutual Housing Association of Southwester Connecticut's receipt of grant from the Fairfield County Community Foundation; State Bond Commission's approval of grants for various upgrades to the Stratford School for...
- Backers vie for votes on $2B bond issue. Pettypiece, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p1
The article reports that on August 2, the Ohio House will vote on whether to put on the November ballot a $2 billion bond issue that would provide $1.5 billion for infrastructure improvements as well as $500 million for research and development grants under the state's 10-year, $1.1 billion...
- CAPITAL BRIEFS. // Navajo Times;9/30/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 39, pA.2
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. including the Indian Veterans Housing Opportunity Act, the 495,832 dollars grant awarded to the Navajo Nation's judicial branch in Arizona and the lifetime achievement award received by policeman Joe Shirley in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- HUD doles out $2.2 million to area organizations. Irwin, Demetria // New York Amsterdam News;11/27/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 49, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has announced that it will give over $2.2 million of grants to New York and New Jersey to nonprofit organization that fight housing discrimination. Kim Kendrick, assistant secretary at HUD's Fair Housing and...
- Senate OKs Bill: Conference Set on Infrastructure Bank, Rail, CDBGs. DUTTON, AUDREY // Bond Buyer;9/21/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33186, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Senate recently approved a transportation and housing appropriations bill for the year 2010, which includes more than 1 billion dollar each for rail projects and discretionary grants. However, it is stated that the House and the Senate will meet at a conference...
- Dept. of Education Announces 4th Charter School Grant Competition. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/12/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32109, p4
Reports that the U.S. Department of Education has announced that it would hold its fourth grant competition to award an aid to charter schools and encourage bond issuance. Estimated amount the Agency will issue; Deadline of the applications for the Credit Enhancement for Charter School...