The personal quest for building global competence: A taxonomy of self-initiating career path strategies for gaining business experience abroad
- Submit a Pointer to "Professional Pointers". // Healthcare Executive;May/Jun2006, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p57
The article invites the healthcare leaders to share their successful workplace strategies, which could helped their colleagues succeed as well. The periodical "Healthcare Executives" encourages the readers to share their workplace knowledge that has impacted their career development to the...
- Create Your Career Compass to Weather Rough Business Waters. Primrose, Clay // McCombs Exchange;2009, p4
The article discusses the need for companies to create a career compass in order to surpass the challenges presented by tough times. It mentions that a career compass enables firms to look at three critical variables including strengths, environments and interests. It provides several...
- THE BUSINESS OF LEARNING: CEDRIC COCO. Nikravar, Ladan // Chief Learning Officer;Sep2012, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p35
The article focuses on Cedric Coco, an executive of the retail industry firm Lowe's Cos. Inc. in charge of employee training, learning and development. Coco's efforts to integrate the company's training and learning programs with its other business operations, particularly evaluations of...
- The STP Initiative: APTA's Edge. Peterson, Janet // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;May2008, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p18
The article provides information on the Strategic Thinking and Planning Initiative (STP) of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). It states that the goal is to improve the organization's strategic thinking and planning when developing comprehensive strategic plans, conducting board...
- Institutional and Organizational Factors Affecting Effectiveness: Geoeconomic Comparison Between.... Schlevogt, Kai-Alexander // Asia Pacific Journal of Management;Dec2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p519
Investigates the institutional and organizational factors affecting strategic management effectiveness in China. Comparison of the geoeconomics of successful strategic management between Shanghai and Beijing; Definition of the theory of geoeconomics; Impact of government support and company...
- Publications Received. // Administrative Science Quarterly;Jun93, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p348
The article presents a list of publications received by the journal, including "Organizations Working Together," by Catherine Alter and Jerald Hage, "Strategic Planning for Public Service and Non-Profit Organizations," edited by John M. Bryson, and "The Portable MBA in Management," by Allan R....
- SUCCESSFUL LEADERS EMPLOY STRATEGIC INTELLIGENCE. Maccoby, Michael // Research Technology Management;May/Jun2001, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p58
Presents several interrelated elements or competencies that make up strategic intelligence employed by organization leaders. Foresight; Systems thinking; Visioning; Motivating; Partnering.
- the failure of strategy. Beaudan, Eric // Ivey Business Journal;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p64
Presents an understanding of the function of strategy in an organization. Recognition of the scope and limitations of strategy; Paradox of strategy implementation; Prerequisites of implementation.
- WHAT HAVE WE LEARNT? Gohil, Sudeep // B&T Magazine;2/5/2010, Vol. 60 Issue 2709, p12
The article discusses the lessons learned in strategic planning such as seeking for smarter solutions, randomness instead of being consistent and working harder to find the best solutions.