Go with the Flow
- IAFC issues challenge to national code organizations. // Fire Chief;Apr2003, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the International Association of Fire Chiefs' fire safety challenges to national code organizations in the U.S. Fire disasters in Rhode Island, Chicago and Connecticut; Need for code development process; Adoption of safety precautions to inform the public about safety measures and...
- Russian chief assesses XTREME training. // Industrial Fire World;Summer2014, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses the participation of a Russian industrial fire chief, who flew from Moscow, in the Tyco Williams Fire & Hazard Control XTREME Industrial Fire & Hazard Training held in Beaumont, Texas in May 2014.
- COMMAND POST LOCATION. // Fire Engineering;Oct2003, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p36
Comments on running a fire from inside a car by the Fire Department of New York battalion chief. Troubles of fire chiefs on fire prevention; Kinds of fires; Operation of fire chiefs during large fires.
- HOW WE BECAME BETTER PREPARED. Freeman, Chris // Fire Engineering;Feb2005, Vol. 158 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the response of the Passaic Fire Department to the fire accidents in New Jersey. Assembly of a dedicated rapid intervention (RIT) tool kit in the rear of the deputy chief's car; Deployment of two safety/accountability officers immediately at the fire scene; Incorporation of the basic...
- IAFC Officers, Chiefs of Year Announced. // Fire Chief;Oct2004, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the recipients of recognitions and awards in the fire service during the Presidential Celebration at Fire-Rescue International in New Orleans, Louisiana from August 12-14, 2004. Installation of Bob DiPoli as the 2004-2005 president of the International Association of Fire Chief;...
- IAFC clarifies role in mutual-aid initiatives. // Fire Engineering;Aug2006, Vol. 159 Issue 8, p51
The article reports that the International Association of Fire Chiefs' National Fire Service Mutual Aid System (IMAS) and Mutual Aid System Task Force in the U.S. were developed to help the fire service support called the National Response Plan and implement concepts in the National Incident...
- Chiefs to have more participation in code process. // Fire Engineering;Sep2003, Vol. 156 Issue 9, p57
Focuses on the need for the International Association of Fire Chiefs to have more participation in the code processes in preventing fire in the U.S. Certification of advisory committees; Provision of the memorandum.
- MSFCA Annual Conference. Specken, Dale // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p9
The article offers information on Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) Annual Conference to be held in Rochester, Minnesota from October 17-29, 2013.
- MSFCA welcome reception to be held Wednesday, October 15. Ryder, Shannon // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p9
The article offers information on the welcome reception that will be held by the marketing committee of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) at the association's annual conference, on October 15, 2014 in St. Cloud, Minnesota.