- Strandell retires from Continental Girbau. // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Sep2004, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p88
This article presents announces the retirement of John Strandell, consumer financing and sales-support specialist from Continental Girbau Inc. He began his career in the laundry industry 31 years ago as manager of the print and mail departments at a major laundry equipment manufacturer. He has...
- COMPANY/ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Dec2004, Vol. 157 Issue 12, p102
This article focuses on recent developments related to companies and associations associated with fire services in the U.S. The U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Co. (USSTC) has expanded and enhanced its two year-old national utility vehicle donation program for the U.S.' emergency responders and renamed...
- Keep your money in your wallet! Ellicott, Graham // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2006, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p12
The article presents the author's perception concerning self-certification scheme, wherein a firm issues a certificate of conformity which states that the work has been carried out in the appropriate manner. He conceives that these certificates lack value for fire protection since they do not...
- COMPANY/ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Fire Engineering;Oct2011, Vol. 164 Issue 10, p133
This section offers news briefs pertaining to companies and associations in the U.S. Pierce Manufacturing has released the Pierce Dash CF apparatus with the Detroit Diesel DD13 big-block engine. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has awarded a Fire Prevention and Safety grant to the...
- Coalition campaign aimed at five- to eight-year-olds. // Fire Engineering;Apr96, Vol. 149 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the `Be Cool About Fire Safety' public service fire safety campaign by the For A Safer America Coalition. Campaign videotape; Coalition members; Contact information.
- BFPSA ANNUAL REVIEW. // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p4
Presents highlights of the annual review published by the British Fire Protection Systems Association (BFPSA) for 2001-2002. Reform of the Fire Safety Legislation; Information on the joint seminar hosted by BFPSA with the Fire Safety Development Group; Description of the training scheme offered...
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S RAMBLINGS. Wieder, Mike // Speaking of Fire;Fall2014, Vol. 14 Issue 3, preceding p1
The article presents information on the International Fire Service Training Association (IFSTA)/FPP organization aimed at offering fire prevention and life safety.
- Laguna becomes model for fire safety. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Dec98, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p88
Reports on the improvements of fire safety programs in Laguna Beach, California, following the fires that swept the region in the year 1993. Area-based community group Fire Safe California's role in the efforts to improve fire safety standards.
- PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Dec2003, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p16
Presents new products for nursing home facilities manufactured by different business enterprises as of 2003. Information on Maxwell Thomas line of resident room furniture and furnishings introduced by Direct Supply; Importance of MDS Guru, a comprehensive online MDS reference and training...