NOT A CIGARETTE CASE
- When Disaster Strikes…. Gagnon, Richard // Massbuilder;2008 3rd Quarter, p20
The author discusses the requirements for customizing a Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP). A DRP is said to contain the necessary information and steps to take when certain unexpected events occur. The common denominators in all DRP include the copies of data and programs, and an alternate solution...
- Calling for backup. Rabinovitch, Issie // CA Magazine;Apr2006, Vol. 139 Issue 3, p20
The article offers information on the need for computer back up of files. Due to the notion that components of computer system are not perfect and that humans are subject to commit errors, back up systems are innovated to support valuable data. Traditional copying of file is through the use of...
- Will cloud backup services be the end for tape? Bednarz, Ann // Network World;2/28/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p12
The article focuses on the emergence of cloud backup system in the U.S. information technology (IT) industry. It states the driving factors of the said technology which include greater storage demands, the need for faster data recovery, and the availability of cloud-based backup services. It...
- Backup ... or Die. Baxter, Cinda // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;May2010, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p18
The article focuses on the importance of keeping backup files of computer records. It offers information on how to create more backups. It tells that there are two kinds of backups which include on-site and off-site. It says that an on-site backup means an eternal hard drive or storage drive or...
- Better SAFE Than SORRY. Garnett, Bella Shen // Orthodontic Products;Apr2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p106
The article provides information on the proper criteria for choosing a data backup system. These criteria include the provider must have redundant sources of key supplies for maximum reliability, the service must provide data retention options, and the provider must use encrypted key as well as...
- Ask the Expert. Preston, W. Curtis // Storage Magazine;Oct2003, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p10
Presents information on serverless backup. Definition of a serverless backup; Types of backup servers; Examples of server-free backup.
- Data Backup Methods. McNamara, Kevin // Radio Magazine;Aug2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p18
Presents information on some methods to backup electronic data. Factors to consider to properly implement data backup procedures; Backup method for servers; Backup method for network-connected workstations.
- CANDERA GIVES CHANNEL AN EXCLUSIVE. Kovar, Joseph F. // CRN;9/6/2004, Issue 1111, p28
Provides information on the SCE 510 storage controller device from Candera. Advantages; Price range; Overview of the company's channel program for the promotion of the device.
- The ultimate backup. Booth, Angela // Australian PC User;Jan2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p105
Offers tips on using PowerQuest Drive Image, a comprehensive backup program that keeps the data safe. Use of the program; Program installation; Features.