- No-Nonsense Reporting Tool. Chessman, Tyler // SQL Server Magazine;Jun2006, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p39
The article presents the author's experience of creating a report using Report Builder, a new reporting tool in SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. First, a report model is created using Visual studio 2000 computer software. Following this, Data Source View must be devised to select a subset of...
- Sun Charges Sun Fire With UltraSparc. Venezia, Paul // InfoWorld;12/5/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 49, p51
The article evaluates Sun Fire T200 server from Sun Microsystems Inc. and offers information on the availability of its four expansion slots and the performance it provides.
- Intelligence is moving to the middle of the net. Ricart, Glenn // Network World;11/16/98, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p50
Discusses the benefits of moving computing intelligence to the middle of the network. Factors that are driving the migration of computing intelligence to the middle of the network; Benefit of the intelligence-in-the-middle trend for network servers; Economic advantages of intelligence in the...
- The many layers of client/server architecture. // PC Week;8/23/93, Vol. 10 Issue 33, p86
Presents a diagram on the architecture of client/server computing systems. Client operating system; Physical network; Server operating system.
- 10 STEPS FOR PHYSICAL TO VIRTUAL OS MIGRATION. Larson, Robert // Windows IT Pro;Apr2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p44
The article offers step-by-step instructions for converting to a physical to virtual (P2V) solution on a server.
- Serving up a client architecture. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // America's Network;7/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 14, p12
Discusses the capabilities and limitations of client/server architectures of computer networks. Loading of programs from file servers; Splitting of processing tasks between the host computer and intelligent servers.
- Deck extends Omneon's Spectrum. Ringrose, Fergal // TVB Europe;Apr2007, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p51
The article evaluates the MediaDeck media server system from Omneon.
- Network Processors Take The High Road...And The Low Road. Wong, William // Electronic Design;07/10/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 14, p86
Focuses on the different network processor architectures that are available in the market for designers. Application of network processors in different products such as controllers and terabit switching; Importance of operating at wire speeds; Key features and specifications of network...
- Panda Project spins modular architecture. // Electronic News (10616624);6/26/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2071, p28
Describes the Panda Project Inc.'s modular, processor independent architecture based on its connector technology, which was introduced at PC Expo. Panda's claim that open-architecture, modular client/server systems can be configured to customer needs or upgraded; The 4s Server and 4b...