- FIVE WAYS TO FINANCE YOUR INDIE FILM. Gordinier, Jeff // Entertainment Weekly;Fall2000 Showbiz Special, Issue 565, p29
Gives advice to independent film makers on how to finance their film projects.
- IFP panels offer indie points of view. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;09/19/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 12, p12
Discusses the highlights of the inaugural panel of the IFP market 'How We Got Our Movies Made: Leading Independent Filmmakers Tell Their Stories,' held in September 2000. Symposium on how to finance independent film productions; Panelists' recounting of the typical stumbling blocks of breaking...
- Indie prod'n in flux, too. Weiner, Rex // Variety;10/27/97, Vol. 368 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the risks facing most independent filmmakers. Shutdown of high-profile indie projects `Out on My Feet' and `Jane'; Producers' failure to find a domestic distribution deal; Dependency on financing gap; Producers lacking in track records; Pre-production budget that flowed out of...
- Features prod'n drops as indies film abroad. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;10/6/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the performance of feature production activity in Hollywood, California. Total number of days for permitted feature production; Decline in independent films shot in the country; Decline of feature production.
- NEW YORK. // Back Stage (19305966);11/25/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 47, p46
The article presents a list of feature films that are currently being produced including "Man on a Ledge," "Mr. Popper's Penguins," and "The Sitter."
- Go short to get noticed, filmmakers told. Toumarkine, Doris // Hollywood Reporter;1/9/95, Vol. 335 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the advise of New York-based producers to aspiring feature filmmakers to produce a short film and make it as their calling card. Film to attract the attention of studios and agents; Learning experience; Other tips and suggestions.
- L.A. prod'n on rebound. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;4/4/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the increase of the off-lot feature film production in Los Angeles, California. Continuance of the rebound of feature activity; Factors contributing to the decrease of feature production in summer; Status of television production.
- Off-lot prod'n off for Dec. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;1/9/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 27, p11
Reports on the depressed pace of off-lot production of feature films in Los Angeles, California in December 2001. Total permitted production days; Factors attributed for the decline; Percentage decline in overall activity for the year.
- Off-lot prod'n ticks upward in H'wood. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;12/5/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 43, p6
Reports on the recovery of local feature production in Los Angeles, California. Number of feature films shown; Result of the desirability of local locations; Willingness of producers to discuss logistics of shooting in public property.