- Olds ad overdrive. Serafin, Raymond // Advertising Age;8/30/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 36, p38
The article reports that Oldsmobile, a division of General Motors Corp., and advertising agency Leo Burnett USA Inc. have come up with 125 30-second spots developed around the "Demand better" theme. The commercials relied on the use of title cards instead of the expensive on-location shoots,...
- VOLVO CARS OF NORTH AMERICA "CRUMPLED" Finley, Beck // Millimeter;Nov2005, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p10
The article highlights the television spots advertising the 2006 automobile models from Volvo Cars of North America Inc. Majority of the footage for the spot was CGI and the rest were shot practically. The production for the spots were done by Park Pictures and the visual effects by BUF.
- Toyota Bulls. Williams, Tony // AdMedia;Aug2005, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p30
Comments on the production and direction of television advertisement for Toyota cars. Challenges in shooting the commercial with Common Gateway Interface performances; Post production of the advertisement.
- Ever vigilant to present `the preferred angle'. Kenyon, Victor // Advertising Age;1/8/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 2, pS22
The article describes the struggle of executives of automobile advertisers in moving from the comfortable medium of print to television advertising. Television advertising caused a semi-revolution in agencies. Through the 1950s and the 1960s, the agency presentation still used print as the main...
- Acura seeks young, affluent buyers for RDX. Jackson, Kathy // Automotive News;7/10/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6211, p26
The article reports that Acura automobile is targeting affluent, 30-something professional males and young families when its compact RDX crossover goes on sale in August 2006. The first spots are expected to begin on August 7, 2006. Jeff Conrad, vice president of advertising for American Honda...
- Oh, What a Faux Feeling! // CREATIVITY;Feb2004, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p71
The article presents an advertisement of Toyota Tacoma, which has been presented as immortal and its wheels are indestructible. In Baker Smith's perfectly executed faux home video spot, an equally perfectly cast babe has her boyfriend's Tacoma rolled off a cliff as revenge for his favoring the...
- Crossroads Plays H2 Asteroids. // SHOOT;8/15/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 29, p14
The article presents information on a spot for the Hummer H2 automobile from automobile manufacturer General Motors Corp. Boston, Massachusetts-based advertising agency Modernista! has made the spot. Titled 'Asteroids,' this spot opens on what appears to be footage from a video game. As a...
- BAYLOR UNIVERSITY "FOUND MYSELF" Finley, Beck // Millimeter;Nov2005, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p10
The article highlights the television spot advertising Baylor University. The spots were filmed on the Waco, Texas campus with production handled by Synthetic Pictures. The interior shots posed a lighting challenge, as did keeping the camera moving to provide visual interest. The spot was...
- Work: Volkswagen. // Advertising Age;8/30/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 35, p12
Provides information on a television spot developed by advertising agency La Comunidad for the Fox automobile from Volkswagen Argentina.