Deal World Eyes Kate Spade
- Kate Spade Negotiations: Slow and Steady. Chabbott, Sophia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/11/2006, Vol. 192 Issue 5, p8
This article looks at the status of Neiman Marcus Group's (NMG) negotiations for the sale of Kate Spade LLC. NMG purchased a majority stake in Spade in 1999 for $33.6 million from Alex Noel Inc. Industry sources speculate that the asking price of NMG is anywhere from $100 to $500 million, and...
- Kate Spade Hires Bank for Possible Sale. Chabbott, Sophia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/27/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 67, p2
This article reports on the selection of investment banking firm Peter J. Solomon Co. to handle the sale of accessories retailer Kate Spade LLC in 2005. Kate Spade was acquired by Neiman Marcus Group Inc. for $33.6 million from Alex Noel Inc. Recently, Spade delved into other categories,...
- M&A Valuations for Specialty Retailers Rise. Hamerman, Joshua // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/26/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p3
Reports that Kate Spade LLC, a subsidiary of Neiman Marcus Group Inc., publicized its exploration of strategic alternatives on September 16, 2005. Expected value of a deal that could be garnered from the sale of the boutique chain; Comments given by Claire Gruppo, a partner in investment...
- NM acquires 56% of Kate Spade. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/5/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 24, p2
Announces Neiman Marcus Group Inc.'s acquisition of a 56 percent interest in the Kate Spade handbag company through a $33.6 percent million cash transaction. Business operations of Kate Spade; Neiman's plans to accelerate the growth of Spade and Mercier businesses.
- 10 Spring MUST-HAVES! // People Style Watch;Mar2013, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p242
The article offers brief information on several fashion accessories and cloths for women including leather clutch Shayla from Melie Bianco Accessories Inc., Stripe Box Pleat Skirt from Neiman Marcus Group Inc. and leather bag Hollywood Hills Antonia from Kate Spade LLC.
- GETTING TOGETHER. Zaczkiewicz, Arthur // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/6/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 119, Special Section p3
The article presents some notable merger transactions in the retail industry in 2005. The $5 billion sale of the Neiman Marcus Group to Warburg Pincus & Co. and Texas Pacific Group LLC. The acquisition of Toys 'R' Us Inc. by a consortium of private equity players. The acquisition of a large...
- Innovative Financing Wins Neiman Marcus. Abrams, Sandra Lea // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/16/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p62
The article focuses on the deal of Neiman Marcus Group Inc. in 2005 in the U.S. The tandem of Texas Pacific Group and Warburg Pincus & Co. eventually won the deal, thanks in large part to a groundbreaking financing package spearheaded by CSFB. After winning the retailer for $5.1 billion, the...
- Neiman Marcus Group negotiating to acquire Kate Spade handbags. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/22/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 14, p1
Reports on Neiman Marcus Group's move to purchase the Kate Spade handbag brand. Neiman Marcus' strategy of buying relatively undeveloped brands with perceived growth potential; Owners of Kate Spade; Stores where Kate Spade products are sold; Background information about designer Kate Spade.
- Kate Spade on the Block: NMG Eyes Strategic Options. Chabbott, Sophia; Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/19/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 61, p4
This article reports on the possible sale of accessories company Kate Spade LLC by Neiman Marcus Group (NMG) which owns a percentage stake of Kate Spade, in 2005. NMG purchased a majority interest in Kate Spade in 1999 from Alex Noel Inc. Texas Pacific Group and Warburg Pincus LLC, two equity...