Names Surface After Morgan Stanley Layoffs
- HOW TO WIN IN BULL-AND BEAR-MARKETS. Curran, John J. // Fortune;Fall1986 Special Issue, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p8
The article presents information on investors and stock market. The stock market is a curious unpredictable creature. It beckons investors with the promise of high returns, yet rattles them with the constant threat of loss. The threat now looms especially large. Investors who bolt from...
- Morgan Stanley to Cut 1,600 Positions. // American Banker;12/16/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F347, p6
The article presents information about Morgan Stanley financial company which plans to eliminate 1,600 jobs worldwide in early 2012.
- Life Stories. Narcisse, Colbelt; Olsen, PaT // On Wall Street;Aug2012, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p48
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of pursuing a better life in the U.S., particularly in New York City, attending New York University and working at financial institutions before becoming Morgan Stanley Smith Barney's managing director.
- Morgan Stanley Bullish on B&C Survivors. // National Mortgage News;09/11/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p24
Features Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, an investment banking firm in New York. Increase in earnings 12-month price target for several companies; Balance in supply and demand for personal loans; Lack of deterioration of subprime borrowers; Concern over the escalation of energy prices.
- Account Aggregation Coming to Morgan Stanley. Toonkel, Jessica // American Banker;9/11/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 174, p15
Discloses the plans of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. to introduce an account aggregation service in October 2000. Allowing of customers to view information consolidated from any institutions with which they have a relationship; Significance of the company's enthusiasm towards the use of...
- Morgan Stanley to cut 1,600 jobs globally. Salih, Chris // Fundweb;1/10/2013, p16
The article reports on the financial services firm Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. to layoff 1,600 jobs in its investment banking business.
- Brahmins at the Gate. McLean, Bethany; Serwer, Andy; Hajim, Corey; Burke, Doris // Fortune;5/2/2005, Vol. 151 Issue 9, p59
Offers a look at the attempts of retired Morgan Stanley investment bankers to remove Chief Executive Philip Purcell. Merger of Morgan Stanley and Dean Witter in 1997; Resignation of top investment bankers from the firm, including Joe Perella; Comments made by Robert Scott, Morgan Stanley's...
- Long-Haul Player. NAYAK, MAHESH // Business Today;3/16/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 5, following p88
The article discusses career profile of Anshuman Thakur, executive director at investment banker Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc., and informs that he earned his master of business administration degree from Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in Ahmedabad, India and his people management skill.
- Morgan Stanley Looks To Ramp Up Conduit. // National Mortgage News;1/13/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the plan of Morgan Stanley to hire an executive director to run its residential mortgage production operations in the U.S. Rate of the salary offered; Location of the job; Mechanisms in buying closed loans from mortgage bankers and corresponding originators.