President's Y2K Council Promotes Local Meetings to Address Problem
- Pennsylvania hosts national Y2K summit. // PC Week;11/17/97, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p151
Reports that technology and other governmental executives collected in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to discuss setting standards for state and federal agencies regarding the year-2000 date conversion issue. Resolutions resulting from the congress; State and federal data interfaces; Details of the...
- Major systems have organized Y2K but risks are ahead for small players. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/28/98, Vol. 254 Issue 26, p4
Reports on President's Council on Year 2000 Conversion Chairman John Koskinen's update on the United States government's efforts to address issues related to the year 2000 date conversion problem, during a gathering of chemical safety experts in Washington, D.C. Ability of major systems to...
- Office for Technology debuts Y2K citizen forums program. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;09/27/99, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p33
Reports on the New York State Office for Technology's launching of the `Y2K Citizen Forums' program to promote local public forums to provide information on community preparedness to the year 2000 date conversion or Y2K. Goals of the program; Y2K Citizens Forums kits distributed by the state to...
- In Britain, they're 21st-Century Foxes. // National Journal;4/04/98, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p733
Reports that United Kingdom (UK) Prime Minister Tony Blair has launched an extensive program in getting ready for the year-2000 software problem in contrast to United States President Bill Clinton's lack of enthusiasm on the issue. Comments on President Bill Clinton's silence on the year 2000...
- Is your computer ready for the Year 2000? Colombo, Al // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov1997 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p22
Answers a question relating to the Year 2000 problem of computer software. Estimates on the overall cost of correcting the Year 2000 problem; Possible solutions; Recommendation on the purchase of transition software such as the TRANS2000. INSET: Year 2000 changeover plan..
- Ghost in the machine. Rebetsky, Roger // World Wastes;Jun98, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p38
Discusses the year 2000 computer problem. Preparations for software and hardware systems. INSET: Does your software pass the Y2K test?.
- 1999: The year of the Y2K challenge. Pinder, Clare // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar1999, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p59
Comments on the urgency for accounting practices in New Zealand to become prepared for the year 2000 computer date conversion problem. Concerns on the perceived lack of readiness among small and medium-sized businesses; Recognition of the many operational threats of the problem.
- Year 2000 Conference & Exhibit. Fink, Mitchell A. // Conference Analysis;02/10/98, Vol. 5 Issue 417, p1
Reports on the Year 2000 Conference and Exhibit held at the New York Hilton Hotel last January 15-16, 1998. Discussion on awareness and development of plans for testing infrastructure; Participation of representatives from US regulatory agencies; Recognition for members of the Securities...
- Custody 2000 group testing picks up steam. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;03/15/99, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p1
Reports on year-2000 readiness testing conducted by members of the Custody 2000, a group of securities industry institutions. Expansion of coverage markets; Inadequacies of the group's proxy testing; List of original Custody 2000 members.