Finances In Focus
- Detroit to Default on GO Payment. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;
The article reports that Detroit, Michigan has decided that it will default its general obligation (GO) bond payments from October 1, 2013.
- Reno Officials Will Weigh Options for Avoiding Casino Debt Default. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;9/1/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33376, p4
The article reports that the city officials are weighing options on how to avoid defaulting on bonds backed by a lease with a defunct casino in Reno, Nevada.
- South Dakota agency readies $65 million in housing bonds. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;07/13/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30433, p3
Reports on the issuance of a mortgage revenue bond by the South Dakota Housing Development Authority. Chance for investors to diversify their municipal bond portfolios; Remarketing of single-family mortgage revenue bonds; Decline in bond issuance in the state in 1998; Rating of short-term notes...
- QUICK SCALES for Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;09/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30982, p21
Presents a chart on negotiated sales of municipal bonds by public authorities and other agencies in the United States as of September 25, 2000. Mortgage bonds issued; Sale date; Names of issuers; Description of bonds; Series; Amount of bonds; Names of underwriters and rating agencies; Maturity...
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;11/23/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30774, p16
Presents the results of negotiated municipal bond sales in the United States, as of November 23, 1999. Includes revenue bonds from the Arizona Health Facilities Authority; Home mortgage revenue bonds from the California Housing Finance Authority; Water supply system revenue bonds from Detroit,...
- California $446M GO Sale Could Boost Vet Mortgages. Webster, Keeley // Nationalmortgagenews.com;10/13/2015, p1
California priced $446 million in veterans' general obligation bonds last week in a combined refunding/new money sale.
- States to decide disaster area borders in mortgage bond finance offerings. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;08/19/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30212, p1
Reports that state mortgage agencies are evaluating whether to limit mortgage bond finance offerings for residents of disaster areas. Plans by housing bond issuers to take advantage of the liberalized access to mortgage revenue bond financing for residents of disaster areas; Opportunity for...
- Municipal Defaults Are Likely to Remain Rare Events, Fitch Reports. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;11/16/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33417, p7
The article reports on Fitch Rating Ltd.'s statements regarding the isolated cases of the municipal bond defaults in the U.S.
- The Issuer Effect on Default Risk Insured Municipal Bond Yields. Cole, C. Steven; Pu Liu; Smith, Stanley D. // Journal of Economics & Finance;Fall94, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p331
In this study, an interesting aspect of the secondary market's pricing of the riskiness of insured municipal bonds is examined. Do secondary market investors still consider the underlying intrinsic credit quality of the issuer in pricing insured bonds? Is the pricing of this "issuer effect"...