Yield-Seekers Look to Hospitals, Including One of the Strongest
- Rochester, N.Y., Hospital Selling $35 Million of High-Yield Tax-Exempts. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;6/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32153, p4
Reports on the offering of a multi-million dollar unenhanced tax-exempt debt by Highland Hospital of Rochester in Rochester, New York. Price imposed for the sale of bonds; Use of the proceeds to help expand operations and refund some existing debt; Importance of the refunding to improve the...
- Taking a Nontraditional Route for Low-Cost Funding. Blanda, Chris // Strategic Financial Planning;Fall2014, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p1
The article discusses the strategies of a small county hospital in taking a nontraditional route for low-cost funding. It cites the restructuring and expansion move at Logansport Memorial Hospital in Indiana through private placement funding. It reveals that private placements is an attractive...
- Pennsylvania Plans to 'HELP' Hospitals With Composite Bonds, Cheaper LOCs. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/9/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32275, p44
The article reports on a cost effective composite bond program for hospitals in Pennsylvania. The state-offered program to help hospitals for saving money is called the Hospital Enhancement Loan Program. The program is meant to reduce the capital costs through the composite bonds and cheaper...
- As I see it. Dodgson // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/24/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p37
Focuses on tax-free municipal bonds in Michigan. Municipal bond yields in June 1997; Ideal investment percentage for municipal bonds; Advantage of investing in municipal bonds.
- JetBlue to Tap Muni Market for $50 Million. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p40
Reports on the approval of $50 million in tax-exempt bonds by New York City Industrial Development Agency in New York on March 11, 2003. Utilization of the proceeds.
- Census Data Gives Volume Cap a Lift. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p1
Reports on the expected increase in the amount of tax-exempt private-activity bonds that can be issued in the United States in 2001. Factors contributing to the increase; Approval of the increase in state-by-state private-activity bond volume cap; Population figures released by the U.S. Census...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p36
Presents charts and graphs depicting trends in securities trading in the United States, as of January 4, 2001. Key securities market indicators; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Bond indexes.
- MARYLAND: Harford GOs. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31298, p31
Reports on the schedule of Harford County, Maryland to sell multi-million dollars of tax-exempt general obligation refunding bonds on January 8, 2002. Plans for the utilization of the sale's proceeds; Credit ratings given to the issue by different rating agencies.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p32
Presents information about U.S. short-term tax-exempt bond yields as of January 9, 2002. Data on several bond indices; Changes in bond yields from January 7, 2002 to January 9, 2002.