GFOA Adopts Adviser Policy Before SEC Proposes Rules
- GFOA Panel: Pension Plan Advisers Should Be Chosen on Merit Basis. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/13/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30911, p5
Focuses on a recommendation from a Government Finance Officers Association committee to develop policies in selecting investment advisers in Chicago, Illinois. Prohibition on investment advisers from making political contributions; Controversy of the proposed rule of the Securities Exchange...
- Small-cap firms are tough to find. Wiliams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;9/16/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p3
Reports on difficulties in finding suitable small-capitalization fund managers. Decline in small capitalization firms; Strategies for filling up fund managers' positions.
- Choosing `outside' fund managers is challenging. Nicholson, Timothy C. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/18/94, Vol. 98 Issue 16, p13
Suggests guidelines for choosing money managers. Importance of familiarity to policyowners by outside funds' money management abilities; Significance of matching the company's objectives with the fund manager's area of expertise.
- Manager hirings plummet. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;3/31/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
Announces a decline in the number hiring of money managers by large corporate pension funds in the past four years through 1997, according to a survey by Greenwich Associates. Factor which contributed to decline; Indication of statistics from survey; Detailed information on survey.
- Hires in Brief. // Investment Management Weekly;05/08/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p2
Announces hirings of investment managers in the United States as of May 2000.
- In defence of recruiters. Tatnell, Matthew // Money Marketing;10/9/2003, p33
Focuses on employee recruitment agencies in Great Britain. Nature of business of investment financial adviser recruitment consultancy.
- Faces and Places. Editorial Staff // Investment Management Weekly;1/14/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, pN.PAG
Presents information regarding appointments of various people related to investment management in the U.S. as of January 2002. Names of the people appointed; Positions to be held by them; Companies appointing these people.
- Hires In Brief. Clouse, Carol J. // Investment Management Weekly;12/13/99, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p4
Presents news briefs on investment management firms hired by various firms as of December 13, 1999.
- Ventura Replaces Firms Following Departures. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;10/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p2
Reports on the appointment of Standish, Ayer & Wood company and Wasatch Advisors to handle the global bond portfolio and small capitalization fund of Ventura County Employees' Retirement Association.